CHAPTER XCI

Melinda

When the stars begin to fall, a new galaxy arises.

"Kiran?"

"Yeah, it's me... surprise I guess. But your face doesn't look all that amused anymore now that you know it's me."

The words were nearly lodged in my throat, but I managed to echo them once more to the amusement of the man standing in front of me, except...

He didn't necessarily look like what I remembered him to be. I'm not sure what I expected, but visually, he only had remnants of what he used to look like which now, with the opportunity to truly look at his face I was seeing. Though if it were up to me any other day, I wouldn't have been able to point him out from my past memories.

Despite Kiran and I breaking up around the time I was a senior in high school, I did see him many years down the line and that mostly had to do with both Andrew and him being in the football league; there were many events, parties, and whatnot tha...

Despite Kiran and I breaking up around the time I was a senior in high school, I did see him many years down the line and that mostly had to do with both Andrew and him being in the football league; there were many events, parties, and whatnot that we would end up meeting by chance.

The last time I physically saw him on Earth was during an event named the Diamond Mania; it was a pre-season charity fundraiser for the league and I attended as Andrew's plus-one and we ended up at the same table as Kiran and a woman who was his girlfriend at the time.

We were thirty-three at the time. And I also heavily remembered as the night progressed how increasingly annoyed Kiran's date became with me, and even more so that Drew and Kiran were quite snippy with each other. I thought they had managed to squash whatever rivalry they had with one another when it came to sports since Andrew had decided to leave the league a few years prior to start his business with Tracey.

It felt like so long ago. Living eighteen years in this new world made even the freshest of my memories feel like a lifetime ago. Even now that the truth of Phares's true identity as prince and a former lover of mine in the past world had come to light, I can't really say I'm surprised.

Not with all that we know thus far and the many others that had reincarnated.

I was more perplexed and even more confused about the circumstances which brought us all here together; the remainder of us had reincarnated in Vesneau, while Kiran, being the oddball out was located all the way in Cluyze.

"What is the last thing you remember?" I found myself abruptly asking. I returned my originally still body back into that of a princess and future bride that was partaking in a friendly dance with a delegate from another country.

Kiran followed suit, moving to the tune of the music, far more experienced than I could be even with my hours of practice at the craft.

"Is that the first thing you managed to ask me after I revealed my true identity? Not even a hello or perhaps an Oh my God I wonder why this is happening! Hell, maybe I even look a bit decent..." He commented.