CHAPTER XCIV

Melinda

When the truth is revealed, one must relinquish their ego and bow down.

"On behalf of the Keris Queendom, we are pleased to be having a small meal with Her Highness, Duchess Lavania, your beauty up-close, surely is warming than when viewing from a distance."

I attempted my best at a natural smile as I took a seat in the Apricot tea room located on the northernmost part of Logoria Palace. In front of me were three special individuals hailing from the prominent and strong country of Keris.

 In front of me were three special individuals hailing from the prominent and strong country of Keris

They all sat pristine and elegant as many of the foreign dignitaries of nations. I greeted them politely as I could as I studied their mannerisms and their clothing which differed majorly from what we wore here on the eastern side of the Kusoa continent. The clothing of the Keris Queendom was elaborate with heavy drapings of silk, glittering embroidery, crystal pearls, and beads adorning the fabrics that covered their shoulders and the length of their torsos.

Matching capes and opulently jeweled headpieces and lace rested on their heads signifying their status in the queendom. It might be colder in Keris than it was currently in Vesneau which could explain why they were dressed the way they were, but the fashion was mesmerizing to gaze upon, especially after reading up on their vast history and how they came to be.

 It might be colder in Keris than it was currently in Vesneau which could explain why they were dressed the way they were, but the fashion was mesmerizing to gaze upon, especially after reading up on their vast history and how they came to be

The Sejuro Xzixa—otherwise in this language would be considered the second Queen of Keris; the ruler elected by the people outside of the original queen of the throne. Beside her, the daughter of the Prima Xzixa—or the first Queen of Keris by royal blood and lineage, was Princess Sarielle.

It seemed the Sejuro queen's daughter Princess Lirien was a bit younger than the first princess, perhaps maybe three years or so in difference. Either way, they both carried the grace and poise that came with being part of a prominent family that dominated the western side of the continent.

Perhaps my gaze was insistent or very clearly focused because they seemed rather amused. What they didn't know was that I was taking notes, I knew nothing about life inside of royalty, so I would be lacking pending my ascension into a higher authority after the king's trial was over; I was drinking up all I could from nobility so I could conduct myself in an appropriate manner.