CHAPTER LXXXVII

Melinda

When we return as victors, a new chaos arises.

Death was never an easy thing to overcome.

Whether it was losing your own life in a tragic manner—something you would never imagine until your last breath is taken and you close your eyes for the final time; or the slice of a blade against an enemy's throat from the hands of a person who has never taken a life thus far.

It was true.

War and battle did harden even the softest of individuals.

It snapped them back into the reality of life; the only two constants there were, life and death.

You either lived long enough to see your victory and success or died in pursuit of it.

I don't think Andrew and I ever processed our abrupt end on planet earth well enough. Maybe it was due to the unwarranted flashbacks of our lives whether we wanted to see them or not, or the fact that we had to become entirely new people in Aikean that forced us to push forward knowing what happened to us was unnatural and beyond the scope of what anyone could understand.

Never in my life did I think I would kill. But here I was, a warrior, a fighter that had killed many men and women. I also aided in the untimely death of a prince because he threatened to take the only thing I had left of my old life.

My other half. My best friend. My life.

To say I wasn't at least a bit traumatized would be a complete lie; even as Mr. Ennith stood in my tent speaking about all that had occurred back home, my eyes would mindlessly move over to Andrew who had adjusted his position to sitting in the chair he was in previously.

All I wanted at the moment was to hug and cuddle with him until I felt better... however long that would take.

"Your Highness, it seems you are not well from recovery, maybe I shall come at another time?" Mr. Ennith's voice shook me out of my thoughts and I hurried to turn my attention back to him.

I shook my head, "Forgive me, I had just awoken shortly before your arrival. But it's fine... you may continue, I am eager to hear of your discoveries, teacher." I advised him to continue.

Mr. Ennith nodded and pushed his spectacles back up against his face. "Right, as you wish." He cleared his throat and continued, "As we had spoken about in our letters, I've managed to construct a device that can generate a multitude of potions at the same time; the speeds I recorded are exceptional and the quality of the brew improved tremendously!" He eagerly stated.

" He cleared his throat and continued, "As we had spoken about in our letters, I've managed to construct a device that can generate a multitude of potions at the same time; the speeds I recorded are exceptional and the quality of the brew improved...

"Is that so?" Excited at the new discovery, I attempted to sit up though it seemed my body was still weak and recovering from the burst of mana I had expelled not even a couple of days ago; they shook a bit as I attempted to rise.