CHAPTER VIII

Andrew

With a wish, anything can come true.

I didn't see the crown prince for several days after our first meeting. I was a little disappointed. After all, I had hoped that I would be able to see him again and he'd be able to show me some more fun things about himself and the palace.

The fact that I didn't hold my breath on the possibility of seeing him again was the same reason why when he did show up unexpectedly, I was completely astonished by his presence.

The first prince showed up as impeccably dressed as he always seemed to be as the heir to the throne. It was sudden and he himself seemed unsure of what he was doing at the section of the palace mother and I called home, but here he was.

"You came back!" I called out to him.

His pale face lit up with a red hue that covered the cusps of his cheeks and he cleared his throat. "Pardon my intrusion, your highness. But I'd like to request the third prince's presence with me for a short while." He proposed to my mother.

She herself seemed shocked by the prince's sudden visit, but quickly recovered all while ushering me out the door with my older brother in another instant, wishing us a good time on our endeavors.

"Where are we going?" I found myself asking the young prince when we began heading out towards the palace grounds once more. He had managed to pick me up again when he noticed my stubby legs were unable to keep up with his long-growing ones.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" He barely spared me a glance as the frost of the air from the outside began flashing across our faces.

I pursed my lips, "Because... what if you're kidnapping me?" I questioned him. I was simply jousting, I'm sure he had no intentions of doing so, but just being able to blatantly say things out of character of myself and mask it under the curiosity of a toddler was hilarious.

The crown prince nearly stopped in his tracks when I had mentioned kidnapping before he shook his head and continued on his path. "Where are you getting these ideas from? Are the nobles from the council bothering you?" He ended up asking me.

I was a bit taken aback by his inquiry; I wasn't expecting him to wonder about something like that. After all, mother and I barely made contact with the council nobles or other high-ranking nobles if at all, if we did, it was in passing. I'm not sure why they would be bothered much with hanging around us when it was clear there wasn't much power collectively between us.

We were essentially nobodies. And I kind of preferred it like that. I couldn't imagine my mother being involved in politics, even in my previous world that was nothing but a nasty game of who could get to the top.

I shook my head, "No... nobles don't really talk to us." I found myself explaining to him as if to ease the clear frustration that seemed to be painted on his expression.

The first prince let out a breath of relief when I replied to his question, his face still and focusing forward. I took a moment to study his features picking up on his thick eyebrows and the slight curve in his roman-styled nose, he had a bit of freckles spread out against his the middle of his face, and his lips were rather thinned out at the top and fuller on the bottom half.

Before I could ask him more questions about why he reacted this way, he suddenly stopped and sat me against the snowy floor.

He pointed in front of where we stood and I followed his direction and realized we were standing at the entrance of a hedge maze. I took a moment to observe it, it seemed rather large judging by how it nearly took up the entirety of where we stood, but I could be mistaken by my perception and size.