CHAPTER XXV

Melinda

Officially forever your playmate.

It was finally happening. I was finally going to be able to see Andrew again after several months! I could hardly sleep the night before I was set to meet with him at the palace.

After my father posed me a question concerning the royal family's request to entertain the third prince as his official playmate, it was a matter of sending a simple formal reply letter back and there was already a date scheduled for us to meet.

Today was the day.

I missed him so much, I had no idea how we managed to spend so much time apart without losing our minds. The longest I believe I was away from Andrew was when I was doing research in Germany and Sweden on behalf of the private lab I was working for. Even then, Andrew took time out of his schedule to personally fly over there and spend time with me on multiple occasions before heading back to fulfill his duties and work obligations.

Now I was in my personal carriage heading straight to the palace with a few accompanying maids for my comfort and supervision. There were a few Plarinu knights also escorting me safely to the destination. This was the first time I was heading out by myself with my mother, father, or even Nanny Addel so it was rather freeing; I felt more in control of myself than I did having an adult constantly observing me.

Hopefully, this would be a good day.

Having a personal carriage seemed to be a bit over the top for one person, but according to Nanny Addel, it was the bare minimum. Chandrelle and Lehamo all had their own carriages for their convenience if need be for whatever reason including traveling. The inside of my carriage in particular was fitted with comfortable seating; not the kind I had to endure for long-haul rides thankfully. There were nice soft pillows and silk curtains that were tied back to allow me viewing pleasure of the scenery around me.

It was befitting of a noble lady of a prominent house in the kingdom.

Light fixtures were also attached to the side of the carriages after the implementation of the luminous crystal in the city, and finally, right smack in the doorway was the Plarinu family crest notifying anyone within a visual distance that this w...

Light fixtures were also attached to the side of the carriages after the implementation of the luminous crystal in the city, and finally, right smack in the doorway was the Plarinu family crest notifying anyone within a visual distance that this was a high-born family's carriage and to take heed regarding so.

I noticed as my carriage paraded through the city that many heads turned. I never had this much attention would be focused on a simple passing carriage. Granted the carriage was fitted and luxurious compared to the random ones that one could rent on a whim; it clearly cost a lot to make this, an expense I'm sure father did not flinch to adhere to in my favor.

 Granted the carriage was fitted and luxurious compared to the random ones that one could rent on a whim; it clearly cost a lot to make this, an expense I'm sure father did not flinch to adhere to in my favor