CHAPTER LXXVIII

Andrew

My beloved, when will our lips touch once more? In this life or the next?

Boston, MA; Age 34.

"Andrew! What yuh doing here so late?" Ms. Jannie opened the door to her midtown condo with surprise. She was already in a fluffy robe and a bonnet combination with her eyes squinting as if she had just finished her nightly tea before calling it for the evening.

I smiled warmly and handed her the bouquet of yellow, purple, and white tulips along with a neatly packaged Chanel bag. She took the items almost unexpectantly looking over at the flowers before smelling them, a pleasant expression masking the previously confused one she wore upon my sudden appearance.

"I was in Boston for some business with Tracey and I was nearby and wanted to see how you were doing before I head back to Cali."

She chuckled, "I love it. You always get me flowers whenever you visit me. You also got this for me?" She inquired addressing the luxury purchase I had made for her.

I nodded and entered the condo, shutting the door behind me and kicking off my shoes in the process

I nodded and entered the condo, shutting the door behind me and kicking off my shoes in the process. I placed a kiss against her cheek, "Why not? I know you like Chanel, mom." I walked further into the house and relished in its quiet atmosphere it was a lot more peaceful than the hustle and bustle of the streets in Boston. It was also decorated nicely, Ms. Jannie took pride in the homes she lived in, adorning them with pristine and matching furnishings she watched a few influencers on social media rave about.

She wouldn't admit but she was addicted to those apps. Whenever she got the chance she would rave to Melinda and me about different recipes, styling tips, and vacation destinations featured on her feed and which ones she would try.

It seemed she had lit some scented candles and the smell of Mahagony wood and amber filled the room delightfully, I enjoyed warm and sensual smells such as those, especially in a setting such as this.

"That may be true. But you and Melinda already have done enough. You got me this condo and I get gifts from you both all the time. Anytime Melinda hears that I like something, the next thing I know I have a delivery at my door... this mother here is very spoiled I don't even know what my sister in Jamaica will say when she hears the news gifts I got!" She giggled as if the thought amused her.

Auntie Kenise, Ms. Jannie's older sister always threw teasing fits whenever she got some new stuff whether it was clothing, cars, bags, shoes, or even expensive trips. It was only natural for me to send her some things as well so she didn't feel bad about all the love we were showering over her now that we could afford it. After all, Aunt Kenise was always a pleasure to me and my brothers whenever stayed in Jamaica during some summer vacations as kids.

"Mellie and I got you the penthouse cause it was the closest to the hospital so you don't have to commute much, why to bother to rent when you have this to own," I said.