CHAPTER XLV

Melinda

Distant relatives come near and love harder.

"Magical tools...the greatest of inventions in the mage-sorcery world since crystal stone engineering has now become commonplace in this world."

Mr. Ennith stopped just short of where I was sitting watching him lecture about an assortment of topics, shuffling through a large wooden box eagerly. Today in our magical lessons, we were first studying the theory of magical tools; the kind of devices curated in order to help a sorcerer navigate his or her landscape, no matter the difficulty.

As Mr. Ennith had explained earlier, the idea to find and make magical tools to assist a mage in their craft was first theorized by a Nanaea Ostheeq during the Unius Cycle, otherwise known as the U Cycle somewhere around U:860, but the actual theory wasn't put into practice until somewhere around the Xopian Cycle (X Cycle) around X:1100; this was the world's way of calculating time and periods.

Either way, another highly acclaimed mage of the tower, Sunita Seezyx then took it upon herself to create the first magically manipulated items using her intensive studies of cosmic research and enchanting to make items such as special bracelets, rings, and necklaces.

Which I assumed Mr. Ennith was gearing to display to me as he dug further into the chest. After shuffling for several more moments, he yanked out a few things. As expected, jewelry items that a lady such as I would wear were present and placed on the wooden table in front of me. Though these particular items looked a tad bit off in a way I could necessarily put my tongue on.

One of the items notably caught my eye and I picked it up with a finger, observing its features as it twirled and reflected against the pink light shimmering behind me.

"So can these items do anything in particular?" I asked curiously

Mr. Ennith scoffed a bit, "Why don't you try it on and see for yourself?" He suggested.

I arched an eyebrow, but said no more as I took his advice and slipped the beaded bracelet that seemed to be made of a slightly smooth texture I could not pin-point; the colors on the beads ranged from an opaque white to shimmering gold, and a mauve-like pink, honestly it was hard to tell what shade it was exactly but I was close in deciphering.

After putting on the accessory, I noted nothing, in particular, changed or differed from when it wasn't on me.