CHAPTER LVI

Andrew

Two souls have crossed when will the other return?

Cycle C-:14...

My sweet Klytië,

Every day my heart yearns for your touch, your smile, and your angelic laugh. Your presence is the only thing that keeps these constant aches and pains in my body from elevating further.

I worry for the state and future of Vesneau as there is much to do in order to bring it to a place of former glory. Many changes need to be made but it is very difficult to have the nobles decide which issue they would like to tackle first makes many council meetings nothing more than a complaining match about who has more authority over the other.

It's stifling and feels as if nothing can ever get done. Lady Thaleia only has about a year left of her studies in Cluyze before she returns to aid as my hand; she is a bright individual with cunning ideas and the confidence to shut those old nobles up. She has already ensured me that she has many thoughtful ideas to set the nation ablaze and turn it into something very respectful. I have full trust and belief in her skills.

I know your dream in life is to be free from the wind and find palace life suffocating and dreary. I'm aware you hate the stares, the constant surveillance, the looks of judgment and it all makes you feel uncomfortable and I will not pressure you to do anything you do not desire as my ultimate wish for you is to be happy.

But please think of our child. Whether it be a girl or boy, I wish to be there for them and love them as unconditionally as I love you. If your reputation is tarnished with a child that is born out of wedlock, I could never forgive myself. Perhaps you will consider my offer if you still wish to be free to marry at least until the child is born and I will give you a steady and quiet divorce where you can live peacefully as you desire.

I could visit you in the countryside and never vow to be with another woman unless it is you. Have you considered it? I miss you dearly. Please respond to my letters your silence worries me.

All with my heart,

King Arihel of Vesneau

The more and more I read these back-and-forth letters by Tychon's true father and his mother, the more tragic I realized their love story to be. A woman with a desire to live with her freedom away from the politics of the high court, challenged by her deep everlasting love and connection with her lover... and with a child on the way at that!

A king with immense pride and ambition to turn his country around for the better but is challenged by his lover's desire to not rule beside him as he longed for.

It must have been difficult for both of them.

A love barred between a layer of one having to give up something great in order to satisfy the goal of the other. If one didn't know the outcome of their fates, they could make a fairy tale out of it and imagine the ending to be something that brought them together; the power of love breaking through barriers and their family riding off into the sunset.

But that wasn't the case.

The king had died under suspicious circumstances and it was covered under the pretenses of an underlying dormant disease overtaking his body. The kingdom was left to my father who took the throne soon after and despite Lady Klytië's wishes to remain out of the public eye, forced her into a marriage, bedded her without her consent while she was pregnant with Tychon unbeknownst to him, and had to rule behind an alleged murder of his own brother.