CHAPTER XIV

Melinda

The grandest of grand

The room in which I would be staying had to be the best thing about this entire estate. Lavish was putting it rather lightly. My room—or suite if I could elaborate further had a duplex style with a bottom half featuring the entrance, sitting, and washroom while the upper half featured a bedroom, dressing room, and study for reading books and such.

It had a marvelous view of the outstanding tulip gardens that Grandmother proudly boasted that she upkeep herself.

The result of her florist nature was that the room was littered with an assortment of flowers; mostly colors that matched the color scheme of the room which listed: gold, teal, and ivory as the main hues that luxuriously followed their way around the space.

The majority of the plants that were decorated in the glass and porcelain vases were native flowers of the region called Eslewies; the plant grows in tiny groups, but it's easy even without experience to control and maintain their growth. For botanists, the plant could be used as an energizer when drunk as tea. It had a tick wooden stem-like base that was perfect for sticking into a vase upright and steady. It also smelt really tame and inviting. I read all the information pertaining to that flower in the book I carried with me about botany.

Seeing new species of plants that I had never seen in my life was always quite invigorating and was quite frankly, the only thing keeping my mind swirling with motivation as I had yet to find anything relating to Vesneau as an economy and why such an acclaimed "wealthy country" allowed their citizens to be in such a manner.

The bedroom of my suite was my favorite part, not necessarily because it was fancy; I'm sure the imported marble from Cluyze was enough to establish that my grandfather and grandmother did not spare a single expense for the guests' experience. It was the fact that it has such large french-styled windows that cascaded the silk material in an eyebrow arch.

When the shades were pulled back, it let in a lot of sunlight into the bedroom, making every polish of the furniture sparkle as if it were in some fairytale. I had great nooks to sit by the windows and lay down and read my books peacefully and with the fresh air that blew in, it wasn't hard to get comfortable, to say the least.

 I had great nooks to sit by the windows and lay down and read my books peacefully and with the fresh air that blew in, it wasn't hard to get comfortable, to say the least