CHAPTER LXI

Melinda

A sword for a warrior, and an arrow for a hunter.

"My dear Lavania, most would think when an urgent raven is sent it is due to familiar issues such as sickness, injury, or death. But you my lovely niece..who would think that you were harboring the kind of information that if exposed, could lead to your untimely passing, arrest, and cause the country to go into political chaos... ah, indeed you are just like me!"

That was only part of the telepathic message my Auntie Thaleia sent back to me after I had sent three of my ravens urgently to her in Cluyze. Whenever a Plarinu sent three ravens to another family member, it was cause for concern, and quickly address the issue in a timely manner.

Because the matter was so sensitive I sent all the information rallied together in telepathic form, meaning so long as the other recipient was a Plarinu who had ravens of their own, I could simply speak to my ravens as if I were speaking to the said family member that was going to receive the message and they would be able to view the content through the bird's eye. It surely saved time and paper that could be traceable for issues such as this.

I wasn't quite sure how my aunt would react to the news; I'm sure shock was one of her emotions, but to see that she was rather calm about the situation—outside of the fact that the Crown Prince had faked his death led me to believe she was aware something was amidst concerning the late King Arihel's death.

She advised me to keep the matter hush-hush and that she would arrange for assistance to be met for Tychon and his partner, Elisavbeti.

With all the paper evidence Kiraz and Tychon had acquired concerning the king's death and the passing of very prominent supporters, it was best for him to leave Vesneau and stay in Cluyze where he could seek asylum and work on getting all their affairs in order. My auntie was very intelligent, I mean she was the Caliphate of Cluyze for a reason; she was also close with the current Empress Ubiona and I could rest easy knowing that we could at least keep some of the political turmoil at bay for the time being.

How long it would take before the truth would be exposed? As of right now, I couldn't tell. But if they were to be strategic about this, now was not the best time at all.

Vesneau was already shown as weak to the Espos nation, they had lost a large piece of territory to the strict dictatorship, our Crown Prince had perished as a result, and the commoners were rebelling now almost on a daily basis due to the lack of infrastructure available to them. It was a mess. A sudden change of leadership would do nothing more than signal to other countries that this land was for the taking. The best thing to do was to allow them the stolen land and sit back and gather strength until one was ready to fight back.

We would need a few years, enough that Andrew would reach the term in order to officially sit on the throne.

At twelve years old, no matter how mature mentally he was and is, there would be an uproar on the council's side to evict the current king in favor of his young and unprepared second son.

The other choice would be well... Prince Enos, the king's first son but as far as I was concerned he was still sickly and unable to handle rigorous days or training like his siblings. His claim would be far too weak to avoid another usurp given the chance. Granted, I'd never personally met him face to face so I have no idea how he looks or acts so I couldn't gauge that system well.

I was positive though that now that Tychon was "out of the picture" a stir would be occurring amongst the faction of the nobles. Each side and individual eyeing one prince over the other to take the spot that many salivated over.