CHAPTER XXX

Melinda

The blood of a raven.

Springfield, MA; Age 16.

"Is this how it is, how you're going to leave me?"

"Lillian... I never wanted to leave. You have always been my everything! I... I love you."

"You don't mean that, Christian!"

"Of course I do! How can you know what's in my heart, Lil?"

A deep silence filled the air.

"You love me?"

"Yes... with everything in me. I want to be with you."

Soon their lips met in a frantic manner, their bodies became entangled and inseparable in a heap in bed as they passionately discovered each other's bodies honestly for the first time in their lives.

I turned slowly to where Andrew sat beside me on the floor against the living room couch of his house. He was mindlessly stuffing his hands into a bowl of popcorn that he had popped for the both of us before the start of this movie: Endlessly Yours, a drama about two highly unlikely individuals coming together unexpectedly and falling in love.

It was all the rave in my group study courses at college by the women there, so I decided to watch it myself, prompting Andrew to join in as well.

But I didn't quite get it.

The love I meant. The characters seemed so passionate for each other, yearning to be around one another and they simply... trusted it? Where was the proof that something like this was feasible?

Perhaps I looked at it too practically. To act simply upon emotion and throw everything away did it make sense? Would I be able to do something like that?

When would I throw away all I would know for the matter of love?

Andrew in the midst of me looking at him seemed oblivious. He didn't seem moved by the movie himself though highly focused, his eyes never left the screen. I could only make the strong outline of his sharp jaw and the way his nose crinkled whenever he chewed on the food.

I could gaze at Drew without worry, his features were pleasant to fixate on, and pick out the small things that made him different from others like the way his curved eyebrows rested on his face you couldn't help but be enthralled by his crystal-grey eyes that twinkled whenever her spoke to you. Or perhaps the small of his lips, how pink they were—his lower lips were fuller than his upper half which gave him at times a pouty expression; he reminded me of his kid self a lot whenever he would frown.

 Or perhaps the small of his lips, how pink they were—his lower lips were fuller than his upper half which gave him at times a pouty expression; he reminded me of his kid self a lot whenever he would frown