CHAPTER LXXVII

Melinda

If eyes could see the future of a lineage, the honest result is to protect it.

"I don't know how you managed to have eleven children over a period of several weeks, but I can say I am extremely impressed with what is going on here in Kladena... and to think my lovely granddaughter is responsible for it all has truly and utterly left me speechless."

Grandmother tilted her head to the side as she observed Chandrelle, Soril, and me at the table of the sunroom we were at having a short snack since they appeared at the front of Eynston Estate. She played a bit with the teaspoon that was for the pink honey she used to sweeten her drink as she awaited a response for me.

I'm sure they had a bit of a long journey coming up here to Himik, but they were insistent on sitting down and speaking to me first before they went to rest and process all of what was going on here since I had left Klocsas

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I'm sure they had a bit of a long journey coming up here to Himik, but they were insistent on sitting down and speaking to me first before they went to rest and process all of what was going on here since I had left Klocsas.

"Just for reference those children are not biologically mine, it would be both medically and scientifically impossible for me to have that many children that also vary in ages in a short period without anyone's foreknowledge," I replied back to her to clarify that statement.

Chandrelle cleared her throat, "Lavee, our grandmother is teasing... she knows they are not yours." She informed me before taking a light sip of her chamomile tea.

"Oh."

Grandmother Kleio chuckled a bit at the exchange and settled the spoon down beside its platter. "I'm assuming you've adopted them?" She asked.

I nodded, "From Oheka... an orphanage had burned down a while ago, they were being taken care of by an elder lady and I thought it to be improper, especially when I have a large estate like this that is fully capable of housing them without issue."

Grandfather Cellach nodded, "As expected of our Lavee... logically thinking before making a decision. These are the traits and skills needed to run a household, speaking of which, will these children be added to the Mortixzun family ledger?" He inquired.

"Yes. They will be fully integrated into this house, there is nowhere else for them to go so they will stay here and live as siblings. Mr. Noffa is working on the logistics of that, yulox (granddad)." I explained.

"Very well then." He cleared his throat, his eyes stopping short of where Soril had sat quietly beside me, she hadn't said much since being here—a request my grandparents had made to have her along with us; I'm sure the atmosphere was awkward with the poor relationship my family had with hers, but if they allowed her to stay it must mean they weren't looking to have issues with her.

Either way, if they did, I would stop them from doing so. She was my best friend at the end of the day, it was my job to protect her from verbal and physical insults and threats.