A Friendly Talk Between Siblings

Ran's POV

His heart twisted in knots watching her cry. If it was literally anyone else, he'd laugh in her face, tell her to suck it up. That's the life of being a delinquent. With her, he wanted to hold her and tell her it would be okay. He was surprised when Rindou stepped forward before he could, picking her up bridal style to sit in the grass as she sobbed into his shirt.

He felt his eye twitch as he watched Rindou rub circles into her back quietly. Ran knew it was likely he had no idea what to say, but the fact she didn't seem to mind drove him crazy.

When the hell did he get so bold?!

As he watched Rindou calm her, he smirked.

Alright then. I've been doing this since puberty.

Game on little brother.

Rindou's POV

He was tired of watching his brother make moves on Y/n. It didn't bother him when his brother flirted with other girls because they came to Rindou looking for a way into the graces of his brother. He got used to it, but it still sucked.

Seeing her get so happy seeing him, too, was something so surreal, he couldn't put it into words. She jumped at them. BOTH of them. Which is why he could let Ran giving her a kiss like the flirty jerk he is pass.

But if he can move in now...I will too.

He cradled her close, not being able to think of the words to say to soothe her tears. He watched her fist clench his gang jacket as she sobbed and he couldn't help wondering what Mikey said to her to make her cry so much. There aren't many who didn't know about these two after Bloody Halloween. It got out that Mikey hadn't trusted her, but she came anyway to help.

And he thanked her by hitting her into a car.

As he sat still in deep thought, he realized she had gotten quiet. He pulled away to see she had fallen asleep still gripping his jacket. He took the sleeve of his jacket and carefully wiped the remaining tears away.

"Didn't know you had it in you, Rinnie!" Ran's voice chirped from behind him.

You and me both.

Ran crouched beside him to look at Y/n before saying. "I hate this."

"We already agreed." Rindou's words were calm but blunt.

They both agreed before Mikey came that they'd let her choose. She's soft hearted.

And an idiot. Being softhearted is what gets you a beating of a lifetime. To death, even.

After more awkward silence, Ran spoke up again. "You know we gotta take her back right?"

They run a great risk of having any guy she's ever met come to save her. As fun as fighting would be, she cares about them.

"Thanks for the reminder, Ran." Ran laughed as the sarcasm dripped from his lips. He looked back down at her sleeping form as new feelings he'd never felt invaded his senses.

"Should we tell her about Mikey?" Rindou's question hung in the air like an uncomfortably cold breeze. Ran didn't say a word for a long time before smirking at his brother.

"Tell her what?"

Rindou smiled.

She's cried enough.