The One Who Came to See Y/n

Mikey's POV

I know I messed up. I should've trusted her, and I didn't and hit her without even thinking or realizing it. I knew she was in the hospital and I know it's my fault, but I need to see her. I don't even care anymore, I just can't lose her too.

He had come with Emma to talk to Y/n, most likely due to the fact that Emma wanted to be sure he apologized right to her friend. He knew he would do anything to see her and if getting on his hands and knees was what needed to happen, he'd do it gladly. They had come directly to the front desk and asked to see her. The nurse left saying she needed to be sure she would be willing, as her mood seemed to be off lately. The nurse came back shortly after with an apologetic look saying Y/n didn't want to see anyone now.

Emma burst into tears and started questioning the nurse about if she even mentioned who her visitors were. The nurse apologized again and all Mikey could do was stand there.

He planned to come back with another Toman member to make a distraction so he could go see her. He asked for Mitsuya to come since he was a much better people person, who spoke with the front desk while Mikey snuck past to go find her room.

He walked past a few doors, trying to be a quick and quiet as possible when he finally came to a large window and saw her. He laid eyes on her and wanted to scream, to sob, even die. She looked so different from the last time he had even seen her. He stood there for so long, remembering she wasn't the type to be able to sit still and be bored, but not once did she look up, smile, or do more than stare blankly at nothing.

He didn't know if going in was the best course of action anymore, but noticed her phone sitting by her on the nightstand. It was a cowardly way of reaching out to her, but he pulled out his phone and quickly dialed her number. He watched her phone ring and ring.

Only after he called the third time, did she seem to hear it and move just enough to look at it before picking it up to actually accept the call.

Mikey had no idea what to say and he stayed silent trying to think of anything to make this right.

"Don't worry Mikey." Her voice flooded into his ears but carried none of the life he had grown so accustomed to. "I'm okay."

He felt like a he had lost even more than he realized. He was so choked up, he couldn't even respond or even go in to face her.

"I'm sorry." She muttered.

He's the one who screwed up and she's apologizing?!?

"What are you apologizing for?" The question came out sounding more like a plea than an actual question.

"I bring nothing but pain to those I love. I make everything worst." With that comment she ended the call and let the phone fall to her side.

Mikey went back to Mitsuya and they walked out of the hospital together. He is sure Mitsuya knew better than to ask what happened, and Mikey didn't even bother to explain.

She is alive, but I still killed her.