Please don't go

How...could I fail?

I struggled to try to get up. I felt like my body is going in slow motion while the world around me is going so quickly.

I kept gasping for air, not even realizing that Mitsuya was by my side again. As I watched Baji get up after he had fell the first time, I knew what was coming.

"NO!!"

I used any strength I could muster and bolted to him as quickly as I could. By the time I made it to him, Chifuyu already held his friend in his arms.

I fell to my knees next to Baji.

"Baji, you can't die. What about Mikey and Chifuyu? You're their family!" I begged.

I don't care if they know. I don't care.

I couldn't stop crying. I could barely hear anything at all over my sobs. "Baji why didn't you ask for help? I promise I would've helped you. I promise." I felt myself wheezing and falling apart again.

Baji tapped my leg and I did my best to pull myself out long enough to at least talk to him. "You're telling me the guy who kicked ass that day for me and Chifuyu was a chick?" He tried to laugh and I wanted to laugh with him. I nodded and quickly yanked off my mask, letting my hair fall around my face.

I tried so hard to smile at him.

I hate this.

All I could think to do was hold his hand.

I hate...

He was gone. Just like that.

I felt my world spinning way out of control and I couldn't think past the look on his face. He's gone. I have to help Takemitchy so Mikey doesn't kill Kazutora.

In somewhat of a zombielike state, I stood up and attempted to make my way over to Mikey.

Haitaini's POV

They both couldn't believe that a chick was here and fighting no less. They watched her fight through a whole bunch of guys before getting hit with something making her collapse to her knees. If the situation didn't look so bleak, they'd think it was hot. But even they aren't heartless enough to comment on such a thing when her mask came off and they saw her tears.

They could see clearly she was trying her best to hang on and were amazed she even tried to get up again when her friend died. She made her way over to Mikey and many of the Toman members as well as all the delinquents watched this girl approach Mikey.

She jumped in front of him and tried to pull him off Kazutora.

Mikey was known for being so focused that he couldn't hear reason, but when he pushed her off and punched her out of the way hard enough send her back and make her head make a loud crack on a nearby car, they made their way over to her thinking she had to be dead too.

Takemitchy had managed to talk sense into Mikey and it was as if he came out of it, and finally saw her. Kazutora was sitting on his knees and cried even more when he saw her too.

Ran bent over her when he noticed her move her fingers and blink a few times still looking at Mikey and he's never been so glad someone isn't dead.

"Come on, beautiful." He picked her up bridal style and told his men to leave as they heard the approaching sirens.

Mikey stood for a while watching them as Draken told him they needed to go.

As they all walked out, Ran looked down at the girl in his arms. She was staring at him, but thank God she was blinking. As he and his brother walked out with her in tow, he felt a light tug on the front of his shirt. He looked down to see her still staring at him but clutching his shirt with tears running down her face.

The sight of seeing her cry made him pull her closer.

"Don't worry, beautiful. We'll take care of you."