My Time Stuck in Limbo

I felt like I was floating. I could see, but I couldn't move or talk. The brothers managed to bring me to the hospital give me to a nurse before leaving. I'm not sure how long I've even been here.

I could only lay still when I heard a very familiar voice.

"Hey, Y/n."

Chifuyu?

I still couldn't move, but I could hear him clearly.

"I brought you flowers, but I didn't know what you liked so I just got a little of everything." I heard him give a forced chuckle. I wanted more than anything to move. To hug him and tell him I am so sorry I couldn't save Baji.

"I'll put these over here." I could feel him moving around before sitting down at my bedside. He was silent a long time, but I suddenly felt a hand in mine closest to him.

Please God let me be able to move. Please let me move so I can talk to him. Please!

All I could do was lie completely still. Chifuyu began to talk about how everything was going and the service that was held for Baji. He gave a sad laugh before saying, "figures the one everyone says fights like a cat, not only helped me and Baji, but turned out to be a gorgeous girl."

His laugh turned to quiet sobs.

"I don't think you know, but Mikey is really hurting right now. I hate that he hit you, but I know he regrets it." He gave my hand a light squeeze before adding, "I'm glad he's hurting and regrets it. Seeing him hit you like that..." He hesitated. "I won't ever let anyone do that again to you. Ever."

He began to tell me about how Yamagishi was actually the one who found out where I was, but Chifuyu got to me first.

"You seem to be the flame that brings moths to you. We don't get burned, but you give us this warmth that is so hard to walk away from." He sniffed and I felt his hand tremble in mine.

"I could really use that warmth right now...so could you come back? Please?" He pleaded desperately.

Please....just once...let me be able to do something...anything.

I heard Chifuyu gasp. "You squeezed my hand!" He exclaimed. He laughed out of pure relief and held my hand tighter before leaning forward to kiss it.

"I'm gonna take that as a promise that you're coming back. So I'll be here as often as possible until you do."

He gave another short kiss to my hand before leaving.

Time seemed so slow, but it couldn't have been more than an hour or so when I heard my sweet little encyclopedia rush into the room. I was surprised to hear the rest of the gang as well, but they all grew quiet as they looked me over.

"My Queen..." Yamagishi came closer to me and slowly wrapped his arms around me. I began to feel his shoulders shake and heard Akkun try to get him to let me go because I'm already hurt and he doesn't need to make it worst.

Yamagishi slowly pulled away and began moving a few hairs away from my face.

I've never heard the mizo mid crew be so quiet.

Takuya suddenly spoke up. "Yamagishi, let me help you."

Makoto immediately stepped up, "Yeah man. This really sucks and she didn't deserve that."

The last to speak was Akkun. "What do you need us to do, Yamagishi?"

Yamagishi seemed to think for a while and I could feel him staring at me.

"My contacts said she will keep being in danger because she is considered a problem."

They began to talk over each other being pissed that this would happen to a girl at all. Yamagishi quieted them down and the guys noticed for the first time how much Yamagishi had matured.

"We're going to make her disappear."

Makoto spoke up. "How do we do that? We can't hide a whole person let alone a pretty girl."

There was only a half beat of silence before the answer was made known.

"We make everyone believe she's dead."