A Spark of Hope

Y/n's POV

I've been outside all day and a lot of my memories were easier to go over. I didn't even get the chance to say anything to Hakkai. That thought made me feel so guilty. He needs help and I've...been out of it, I guess.

I don't know why, but it's no excuse.

I know Chifuyu and Takemitchy are going to be hanging around a while, then Hakkai catches up to them somewhere over..

"I finally found you!"

Hakkai!

I found them fairly quickly, but felt like I was invading their privacy somehow. It got worse the longer Hakkai talked about everything he went through. I could feel my heart breaking for him and everyone else involved.

I couldn't hide myself any longer when he admitted he was going to kill Taiju.

"Hakkai!" I called out to grab his attention.

He froze without turning my way, but I knew he heard me and remembered he gets anxious around girls. But I need to try to help him.

I bent down and picked up a small pebble before walking to stand in front of him.

I put out my hand with the pebble. He didn't say anything, but it was obvious he was very confused.

"Most would say this is such a small thing. It's too light. It's not nearly as heavy as the stones used to build things. Many assume it couldn't do damage at all because they assume it's weak." I looked right into his eyes. "How often do you hear that someone threw a pebble at a window and accidentally broke it?"

His eyes widened, but he still didn't speak. I continued my speech.

"Pebbles are small, but they are by no means weak. One can break things when thrown at the right angle at the right time. But imagine how much more damage a pebble could do, if other pebbles were by its side."

I reached my hand out and placed it on his chest. "You are super strong, Hakkai!" I smiled. "Don't forget that even if you don't believe it, there are many around you who do."

He looked away and walked off. I looked down at my feet wishing I had been able to do something more helpful, but I'm always so useless...

"Thanks."

My gaze shot up to see Hakkai throw a short glance over his shoulder before walking back.