The Guides & The Guilty Heart

Mikey brought me back home saying he had to meet up with some toman, but he'd come see me as soon as possible. I tried to at least look confident, but as we got to my door, his grip on my hand tightened.

I waited for a moment, but he kept staring at our hands. "Mikey?" It came out as a whisper. A few more moments passed before he looked into my eyes with the intensity is known for.

"Y/n...."

I could feel myself starting to panic.

Is he leaving again?

"Are you okay? You don't have to tell me everything, but...I promise I'll be here when you need me so you won't have to stay afraid."

Tears streamed down my face as I tried to think of what would make sense. He waited and tried so hard to not freak out.

"I hear things in my house, Mikey. I never see anyone. I think I'm going crazy..." I let the sentence trail off. Mikey rubbed the top of the hand he had kept holding.

"Do you want me to stay?"

Do I want...him to stay...?

Before I could bring myself to answer, his phone began to ring. He cursed at the horrible timing.

"What!?" He practically yelled into the phone.

The little I could hear sounded like Taiju has declared war by beating Takemitchy. Once his call was finished, he turned toward me. Before he could open his mouth, I put up a hand.

"It's okay. Go ahead." I gave a smile. "I'm tired anyway, so I'll just see you later." I went inside without looking back at him.

***********

The voices are so loud. I hate it.

Pathetic.

Please stop.

Hey dumbass, get outta your house!

That....Now I'm hearing Baji?!?

....wrong....get.....out.....

I had gone into the fetal position on the bathroom floor. I don't even know how long I've been sitting there.

I put my weight against the wall, but it felt like I was pushing against the universe itself. Everything is so slow.

Keep going sweetheart.

Mom.....?

Panic flooded through me as the smell of smoke surrounded me.

You're burning.

I'm burning!

Hanma's POV

He was given specific instructions to be in Y/n's house every few days or so, but to stay completely out of sight. With all the Toman issues, it became easy to push her faster into insanity with little interruption. All he had to do was say a little something here and there, and she would believe it. If he says she is burning, she believes she is burning.

Kisaki had managed to have some jerks dose most of her food and water with some cocktail he had managed to make specifically for Y/n. After that had been taken care of, Hanma had been given the task to keep pushing her into oblivion.

Kisaki figured with the Tokyo Manji Gang being kept busy, now would be the perfect time to push Mikey's girl over the edge entirely to further cut Mikey off from support.

Hanma stayed out of sight, but her screams and whimpers at whatever she saw were unnerving. He had a job to do.

He already did it for today. So, if he leave the door open on his way out, whether it lets in fresh air or not, how would he know for sure?