Two Sides Moving Forward

The room was filled with an awkward silence you could chop in a blender to make a smoothie. I played with my hoodie and bounced my knee as we sat on opposite ends of the couch.

I don't know what to say anymore. This is so frustrating!

"How long has your Aunt been gone?" He finally asked.

"Oh! She's only back a week at a time. Sometimes not even that much." I said, as if it isn't a horrible thing and completely normal. The words came out of my mouth like a wave. I began to fidget again when he spoke once more.

"Don't you get lonely?"

The question caught me off guard. I felt like a deer in headlights before shaking myself out of it to respond. "It isn't always bad." I forced out a laugh to help it seem more believable.

It's only a matter of time. You'll always be alone.

"Why? Did you make new friends?"

Ignore it. It's only me and Mikey here. There's no one else.

I looked down at my feet while continuing to bounce my knee. "No. I don't have any friends anymore. I'm fine though."

Pathetic.

I looked up in terror.

What was that?! That...voice? It was so loud!

You should just die.

"You should go, Mikey." I jumped up and opened the door for him to leave.

Mikey's POV

Something is very wrong. He looked around her place and it was barely like anyone lived here. She couldn't stop moving, almost like she was scared to be still.

He paid close attention, trying to figure out if he should really let her go, when she suddenly jumped up and began searching for something.

She got up and began looking around again before stopping and staring at her reflection in a mirror.

Before he could even ask what was wrong, she told him to leave.

But she was shaking...

He didn't make an issue of it. He got up and moved towards the door, before stopping and standing in front of her.

"Come with me." It was the only thing he could think of. He stretched out his hand, hoping she would take it.

She stared at him for a moment, but when she moved her head to look back into her house, he stopped her.

"Don't. If you're scared, just come with me."

She hesitated before putting her hand in his. He pulled her close after she closed the door.

He felt so relieved, except...

She was afraid of something and kept jumping like there were loud noises. I didn't hear or see anything.

He held her hand all the way to his bike before she froze in her tracks.

He totally forgot he had never gotten a chance to take her places on his pride and joy. Thinking he would have to do some heavy convincing, he turned toward her, only to see her eyes sparkle with excitement.

"I get to ride with you?!?!" She had a look of pure excitement.

Seems the walk from her home to a couple of blocks away did her some good. It was still odd that she was so...strange.

Even still....he couldn't help but feel overwhelming warmth when he saw her smile at him again.

Kisaki's POV

He had various methods of keeping an eye on his enemies. It was simple enough having someone follow the kid with glasses to find where she lived, but he seemed to have realized he was being watched and stopped coming altogether.

Honestly, this couldn't have worked out any better. She already had the first dose on Bloody Halloween. Can't always have a lackey with a syringe.

You can have a few loyal bugs break in and dose her food and drinks, though.

Soon Mikey's whore will be so far gone, she won't even know who anyone is.