Being Careful

Ran's POV

He would never forget what happened when he tried to look for her after he and his brother were released. They both knew they wanted to keep their promise, so she was the first thing on his mind when he got out.

Flashback

He and Rindou had agreed to go at separate times to actually visit her in person. Rindou wasn't willing to admit why but Ran already knew. They're brothers after all. They were incredibly surprised when they couldn't find her. Not in Roppongi, not anywhere near the shrine that everyone knew the Tokyo Manji Gang met at. They even checked with random jerks about her, occasionally beating them within an inch of their life if they mentioned wanting to find her too.

They kept expanding their search for a week until they saw Mikey. He looked completely different in every way imaginable, and something told both of them not to even ask about her. His face was colder than usual, no life other than cold blooded murderous intent written in his aura alone. Turns out, they didn't need to.

"Stop looking for her. If you don't, I swear I'll kill you both slowly." He walked away like he hadn't threatened their lives.

They both could handle themselves, but this interaction made a few things very clear.

Mikey wasn't who he used to be.

She wasn't around Mikey or anyone connected to him if he told them to stay away from her like that.

He told them to stop looking for her, so she is definitely alive somewhere.

If he is this cold now and willing to threaten them both with no problem, what would he do to Y/n if he didn't listen?

End Flashback

Neither had been willing to risk it at the time, so they kept their miserable distance. Hearing Sanzu bring up loyalty while adding he was glad he didn't kill 'her', they knew immediately who 'her' was and that made their blood run cold.

They should've tried to play it a lot cooler than they did, but hearing about her after all these years felt nostalgic as well as painful. A memory of what never was and what he wished had been still deep in his mind.

I'm older, but not wiser in the least. I know now I loved her, but she would never believe that after all this time has passed without even talking to her.

He would never forget when she first kissed him. The memory made him unconsciously touch his lips as he remembered the warmth and sincerity in something so sweet. It was hilariously stupid how flustered he got over it. He's Ran Haitani, notorious and very gorgeous ladies' man who fell for a chick who is also gorgeous, but stupid when it comes to romantic intelligence. He shook his head, trying to think of what he could even do now. His mind came up with an elaborate and desperate plan, and he immediately began putting it into the works.