Not Quite Angry

Angry's POV

It had been a few days since they brought her here, and she had managed to calm down quite a bit.

He had still been very worried when she remained adamant about not removing the cloth from her eyes. After a few days, he and Nahoya had tried to make sure she felt safe, but he couldn't help but wonder if maybe she didn't want to see his face.

He was known for always having an angry face, hence his nickname, 'Angry'. It led to many misunderstandings, especially when it came to interactions with girls.

Souya tried to care for her as much as possible. He made sure to never touch her, and to make sure she knew when he was there by saying hi. It didn't scare her to hear from him, even though she couldn't see him. He was surprised when he came into the room to give a breakfast he made special for her, to see that she had finally taken the cloths off of her eyes.

He nearly dropped the tray when their eyes met.

Before he could even rambling through apologies for any and everything, "Hi Souya!"

He felt his heart rate speed up and his hands became clammy. He was at a loss for words. Not only was she greeting him, but she's smiling at him. A real smile.

He could only stare for a while before attempting to come back to his senses. "I...um...I made breakfast for you.." His words fell off into an abyss somewhere while he continued to stare at her.

She motioned to have him sit next to her on the bed. "Let's eat together, please."

"Well, hey! What about me, babe? We come as a package deal, ya know."

He didn't even hear Nahoya come into the room after him. Her smile got even brighter somehow before she nodded. "Of course! I want to be with my emoji boys. Both of them. If that's okay.."

Without hesitation, they both practically yelled, "Yes!"

They talked most of the morning. Nahoya made jokes and Souya checked over her repeatedly to make sure her cuts and bruises were healing okay.

He knew she probably wasn't ready to talk about it. About why she was out there like that, why she called Mikey a monster. He didn't have the confidence to bring it up at all. Afraid to bring her smile back to tears.

"You feeling any better, babe?" Nahoya questioned. To a point, Souya was grateful his brother asked, but he was still afraid.

She was silent for a moment, before she answered softly. "I went to help Takemitchy and Chifuyu, but as soon as Takemitchy walked into the church, Chifuyu was beat down and I got injected with something.

Those jerks injected her with something??!?!?!?!

"Everything was....different. I walked off but I tried to come back, but all I could see were monsters made of shadows when Mikey got hit. A part of me knew it was Mikey, but it was so real."

Souya felt his heart breaking when tears ran down her cheeks. He immediately grabbed tissues and tried to tell her it's okay, to stop telling them. She shook her head and took a deep breath.

"I saw white tiger, my mom, some man with short black hair, even Baji." She gripped the sheets tightly as if seeing it all again.

Souya hated seeing her like this and before he could really think about it, he reached out to hold her pinkie. He held it softly and he could swear his heart stopped when she moved her hand to hold his whole hand. She took another deep breath.

"Thank you."

Souya didn't speak, but he felt more joy than he could even put into words.