Fear and Regret

Mikey's POV

I should've said something. Anything. I was only here to visit my brother and Baji, but when I saw her, I just stood there.

Mikey listened to everything she said. With every word he felt like his heart was being shattered by the memories of how he had pushed her away. Because he didn't....wouldn't...trust her. When all this time...she's been trying to help.

He stood in front of Baji's grave for so long, he could almost hear him saying 'Idiot!'. 'You should've trusted her.'

Baji would curse him out and challenge him all the time, even though he knew Mikey would always win the fights.

Everything has gotten so messed up and all he's been able to think about is how much he missed hearing her. Seeing her smile when they were together.

And how much she cried because of him.

He isn't an idiot. He knows Draken and Emma visited Y/n, even though he said no one could. He knew they learned something when he saw Emma and she wouldn't say much to him.

*Flashback*

Mikey had asked Emma if she wanted to do anything today, but she said she was going for a walk. She couldn't make eye contact with him, so he just pretended to believe her.

When she went out, he was going to follow her, but Draken pulled him back, saying he would make sure she stayed out of trouble.

When the two got back later that day, Emma wouldn't say much to him and Draken was quieter than usual.

He never asked. Not because he didn't want to know, but because he could tell by the way they both were, he had been wrong.

He heard Emma crying that night. It sounded like she had tried to call Y/n a few times, but there wasn't answer.

He knocked on her door, only to be told to go away.

*Flashback End*

He was so lost in thought as he made his way back to where he'd left Draken, that he hadn't said a word to him at all.

They'd been walking around, passing the time in deafening silence, when Draken let out an annoyed sigh.

"What the hell's your problem today, Mikey?" With that, Draken came to a complete stop to look him right in the eye.

Mikey blinked a few times before responding. "I saw Y/n."

"Well did you finally talk to her?"

Mikey turned and began walking away. Draken had had enough.

"Everyone knows you miss her. EVERYONE. Why are you so bent on not even trying? You fight guys all day long but won't fight for her. Some invincible leader."

That comment made Mikey freeze in his tracks.

He's right.

"Hurry up and go see her before we all lose our minds trying to tiptoe around you." Draken stomped off leaving Mikey to think of what he could do.