Flustered Emojis

Smiley's POV

That first time me and Souya saw her was at a Toman meeting when she was talking with Baji, Chifuyu, and Mikey.

Souya and I weren't too far back, and we, for the most part, are used to people, especially chicks, to be...afraid of us.

If they make eye contact, they turn away as quickly as possible to avoid us. I've gotten used to it, but it's harder for my brother.

We listened to her laugh and talk, way more intently than we meant to for sure. It was the craziest thing that she turned and saw us and smiled.

It was a genuine smile that neither of us forgot.

Which is why we were both more than disappointed when we heard Mikey say no one was allowed to see her. Hearing him of all people say she betrayed Toman was painful.

Me and Souya walked home that night with the news weighing on our brains, but I tried to change it up so Souya wouldn't be upset.

He responded way less than usual before asking me the one thing I had hoped he wouldn't.

"Do you think she would do that? Betray...us?" Souya gave me such an intense look, eager for my honest answer.

I should've gone to introduce myself, but I held back. If I had, maybe we would know for sure.

"I don't know. We only know what Mikey said."

Some time later, their viewpoints became more certain on Bloody Halloween. Seeing her face in the midst of all that, covered in blood, bruises and tears, hurt in a way he wasn't used to. When she got hit by Mikey of all people, hearing the crack they all thought for sure she was dead.

Come to think of it, no one was ever told if Mikey's decision to keep Y/n away was still in effect. It seemed to just be unanimously understood.

We both decided to visit her while she was in the hospital, but we caught her limping out of the hospital doors, apparently on her way home.

She seemed so out of it, but they didn't know if they should make their presence known, so they hung back to at least make sure she'd get home safely.

Again, we missed our chance, since Chifuyu showed up to help her.

"Do you..think she's okay? She looks really bruised..." Souya commented as they made their way home.

In such a short time, without really knowing her, we cared. Here she is again, smiling at me. Saying she likes my hair.

Somehow managing to fluster the hell outta me even more by calling us her emoji boys.

As he made his way back to his brother, he couldn't help running the short interaction with her through his mind over and over again before sighing.

By the time he reached Souya, he was more flustered than when she said it. Souya thought something was wrong, and without thinking it a problem, told him what happened. Now Souya is flustered. This is so....

Her smile again flashed through his mind.

The age limit for drinking should be lowered...