My Bestie, White Haired King, & Sin W/ Doubt

Y/n's POV

I did my best to remain calm as we approached Shinichiro's grave. For some reason, it didn't feel scary. Emma showed me a picture of her brother and all I could feel was some sort of familiarity. It made accepting the offer to go and visit him too a lot easier.

We were surprised to see Takemitchy there with Inui already. I figured they were already paying their respects and chose to let Mikey lead the way while I hung back with Emma.

My heart jumped when I noticed Izana approach us. My eyes went wide and I moved to speak before he stopped me.

"Save it. I don't care." His face was smiling but his words were as cold as ice and sent shivers throughout my soul.

I hadn't been trying to escape from him. I wasn't sure if he would even hear me out when he didn't come back. I wasn't trying to hurt him.

Takemitchy walked both me and Emma a little ways away while the two brothers talked. He didn't say much. I couldn't help but still look in the general direction of where we had just come from.

"I'm sure they're fine, Y/n. Mikey is frail right now, but with us, he won't fall apart!" She beamed at me as she spoke it like a well-known fact.

I really missed you, Bestie.

I chuckled at her sweet comment but before I could answer, there was suddenly the sound of a motorcycle. It happened so fast. One moment my bestie was right there smiling at me and the next she was on the ground.

I struggled to breathe and shakily fell beside her, trying to get her respond without shaking her like I wanted to so she would talk.

Izana's POV

His plan went off without a hitch. Mikey's last remaining family member is now dead and Y/n....his chick is wailing like some wounded dog.

It went exactly the way it was supposed to, so why don't I feel better? I'm winning damnit!

He came the same direction as Mikey, watching Mikey freeze in his steps while he watched Y/n hold his sisters broken body and cry over her so loud that there's no way everyone in Japan didn't hear it.

He turned to go his way to prepare for the next step.

All I have waiting for me now is success after I beat Mikey.

He busied himself to keep from thinking more than he wanted.

No one matters.

I won't care.

I won't care.

I won't...I just need time.

Hanma's POV

Any delinquent can drive a motorcycle with ease. It's no big deal. The plan was to take out Emma, but he knew from the way Kisaki leaned, he aimed to end both of them. A split-second decision allowed him to chang the path just enough to miss Y/n completely.

As he watched for a moment as this girl fell apart while holding her friend that everyone knew she saw like a sister, he wondered if maybe getting both would have been more merciful. He clicked his tongue at the thought.

Why do I even care?