The Cost of Change

Y/N POV

I went out to take next steps toward protecting....Toman. Thinking about who it belonged to at this point hurt.

I'm not going to think about it right now. This is about more than him and me.

With that, I kept walking around trying to seem as aimless as possible until I noticed Takemitchy.

Today's the day.

I followed quietly behind him until he came to the warehouse where I remember Mikey, Draken, Pah, and Peh were all talking.

I definitely couldn't walk in there without causing a scene. But I also couldn't let what was gonna happen actually happen.

I ran over my options and took a look at the building before seeing a window a little ways up.

I wish I had taken learning rock climbing way more seriously.

Takemitchy's POV

He walked in and immediately saw them discussing how the fight should go. He walked towards them with purpose, but still terrified about what he was told was coming.

If I stop this before it gets out of hand, Draken and Y/n won't die.

Takemitchy remembered meeting her and thinking how kind she was. She continually called him a doofus, but always with a smile and never in a way that actually made him feel like he was.

Draken is someone he has learned to look up to. Literally and also figuratively. Draken and Mikey were like his brothers.

As Takemitchy came close to where they were talking, he steadied himself before setting out on his goal.

Y/n POV

I was pretty freaking winded by the time I made it up here. Man.

Whoever came up with rock climbing deserves a mud pie to the face!

I managed to climb inside through the window and remain hidden up high in the rafters. It wasn't impossible that I could be seen, but I figured as long as I was quiet and still, I'd remain undetected.

I watched everything go down, heart hurting for Takemitchy.

I always admired his resolve. He was willing to keep going. He got scared, but he's human. Who doesn't? So many face fear and stop or go back, but he didn't.

By the time it got to Osanai beating Pah, I couldn't help but feel so angry and sad at the same time.

I already know what I have to do.

I quietly prepared myself for a descent.

Draken POV

He stood by Pah and kept an eye on Mikey, when he suddenly heard a soft noise. He turned just in time to see some guy dressed in black, sprinting toward the wall.

In black?

He started thinking about the last Toman meeting. A guy in black, A girls' voice.

He didn't have too long to think before Osanai was charging toward Mikey with a broken bottle.

Y/n POV

I managed to vault myself back up to the window without being noticed.

As I made my way out of the window again to head back home, I started wondering if maybe I should stay.

I put my hand in my jacket pocket and pulled out the switch blade Pah was going to use to stab Osanai.

I don't know how much this will change, but I don't want Draken to get hurt.

I made my descent, instantly aware, once again, of how my body was still in some pain from the last fight.

As I walked back, I began to hear sirens.

I began to feel nervous and stopped.

Maybe I should go back.

As I contemplated this, the smell of cigarette smoke filled my nostrils.

"Hey, babe."

I looked toward the voice only to see a guy in a hoodie smoking. His hands, however, were clear as day.

Sin and Punishment.