A Little Sister's Wish

Unknown's POV

Wishes are important.

Always.

A wish is something created from a hope or desire we each have within.

Seeing her time come so much sooner than Y/n had hoped was incredibly sad. She had been fatally stabbed in her chest, but the man who did it already had everything he came for and no longer cared about anyone else that may have been in the house with her.

By hiding her sister, she not only saved the one she held most dear but gave up her own life in the process.

It is not my duty to grant wishes, but as I stood by, watching this girl crawl to lean against the door of the room her sister had been hidden in, even though sadness is something more for mortals, I too felt it. Her sadness wafted off her in waves.

"Sissy, is that you?" Her sister sounded worried, but Y/n had done her best to keep her from being scared.

"Yeah, it's me, shrimp." She rasped.

"I'm no shrimp!"

Y/n chuckled before coughing up blood.

I'm sure Y/n knew she was dying, but she stayed leaning against the closed door to keep her sister calm. So, she wouldn't be afraid.

"Sissy, what's your favorite anime world?" Lena's voice came out as different, like somehow, she was aware something was wrong but couldn't understand what it could be.

Y/n let out a sad laugh. "Tokyo Revengers, of course. They deserve to be loved and be happy. If being Isekaid was real, I would love to go there and try to help Takemitchy save them."

As I watched this girls' eyes close for the last time, her sister said one final thing. "I wish you could meet them so they would love you as much as you love me! Because I want you to be happy too, Sissy."

There is only ever a moment before a soul is moved on too far and can't be taken somewhere else. Souls will move quickly when they're at peace with how things end. It was surprising to see that Y/n was at peace with this. Hearing her little sister start calling out to her and begin to cry, I took her light with me.

Her light has been much the same. It burns bright in times of pain in her first life. Moments when she was bullied and hurt, she found she didn't want to hurt others back because it wasn't their fault.

She stuck firmly with her belief that broken hearts can break people, but she wouldn't let her broken heart break others ever.

It worries me that she was found so quickly by that monster. Using her as an example of how easy it could be to break that belief. She has held to it all this time, but the brightness is starting to wane.

Weaving his fingers through Izana's desires to corrupt them, even though it was only a moment, did damage in ways she hadn't been prepared for.

Will this creature make her light fade before the end of his game?