Love...Anger

Y/n's POV

I waited for help with him, trying to calm down as much as possible to not worry him about anything else, but the worry washed over me in waves.

"H..hey, I don't..l...look that bad." He tried to joke but I held him still while gently caressing his face. The terror I felt for his wellbeing made it impossible to laugh, but I wanted to be a comfort to him in some small way.

"You never look bad, Taka." I spoke it as calmly as I could. "Hakkai's gonna be so mad." I spoke the comment to try to make it funny, but I only ended up making myself cry more. I felt a light squeeze on the hand I was using to comfort him. I looked down at him to see him smiling.

"You sayin' he's gonna be mad because I never look bad?" His comment made me smile. "That's my girl. I missed that smile." Before I could comment, I could hear sirens in the distance and as soon as I could see them, I desperately waved them over.

I watched as they lifted him into the ambulance, but as soon as they put him in, I didn't want to leave him. They could tell and motioned for me to come in quickly. I was grateful and held his hand the whole way there.

Even though he fell unconscious, I tried to not worry too much.

He missed...my smile?

>>>>>>>>>

I waited in the hospital for any updates and hadn't even realized that Hakkai was there beside me until my pacing was interrupted by my walking into him. Before I could apologize, I was surprised that he hugged me before quickly letting me go.

I knew he had many questions, but I made sure to answer everything I could about what happened to Mitsuya. I could see his expression turn into one of rage. "So they friggin jumped him. Those low life..."

I reached out to grab his hand. "I know, Hakkai. I know. I know it sucks. I know it hurts. But..." Before I could finish, he ripped his hand from mine.

"Where have you even been? Everything is falling apart, and you just pop up out of nowhere while having the nerve to try to comfort me?" He spat the words out like a curse.

What do I even say to that? Even though he's saying that because he's hurting...I can't change anything and I hate it. But...

"I've been a terrible friend to you, Hakkai. I understand and I'll stay out of your way." I gave a low bow and went to sit back down to wait for news. Shortly after, I saw them bring in Nahoya. Seeing him unconscious made me jump out of my seat, clenching my fists in frustration.

'Hoya is here but....wait....

I snuck in to visit both of my friends. They were both unconscious, but I made my way to Mitsuya's bed and placed a kiss on his forehead.

Smiley's POV

He could see her just fine but doing anything still friggin hurt. He watched her come into his line of sight and move his peach-colored hair to the side, before a few stray tears fell down her cheeks.

"'hoya....What did they do to you?"

He wanted more than anything to tell he's fine, but even if he could speak, he's in the hospital and she wouldn't hesitate to call him a liar. He felt her hand cup his cheek softly while she looked over his face with worry. He felt himself going in and out of consciousness, but felt a soft kiss to his cheek. As he fell into a deeper sleep, he heard her say something more.

"Don't worry. I'll find Souya and make sure he's okay."