The Request From My Bestie & The Betrayed King

Y/n's POV

It's been a few days since then and Mikey has dodged any time I tried to draw him out of himself. I would come and hug him, but when I ask if he's alright, he gives the quick yeah and suddenly has to go. It made it much more difficult to not notice how much he was keeping inside while I stayed with them.

Emma wouldn't let me leave claiming I'd go and be dumb again by not talking to her.

Yeah...you're....not wrong M & M but dang! Pull some of those punches please...

"Hey..." She sat beside me while I was reading a book she lent to me. It was actually a Shoujo manga. Reading it made me think of Chifuyu.

I hope he's doing alright. I miss him...

I could sense the importance of what she was about to say in her tone, so I closed the book with no hesitation to show she had my full attention.

"Would you mind coming with me and Mikey?"

I waited for her to continue and she sighed sadly. "We're going to Shinichiro's grave today. It's the anniversary of the founding of the Black Dragons."

I began to panic at the invitation.

I'm not a family member and this is something so personal. I'd be nothing but an intrusive outsider.

"Em, that is for your family to see your family. I would be intruding..."

She suddenly gripped my hand and looked at me with glassy eyes.

"You're our family too. At least, one day, I hope you will be. So, please?" She gave a smile as a way of ensuring me she wanted me to go. "I think Mikey would really appreciate you being there with him..us."

I smiled at her comment.

It feels like she's giving me her blessing. It means the world to me after everything.

"Of course, M & M."

>>>>>>>>>>

Izana's POV

She left and everyone just happened to not see her leave??

Izana had felt elated when Kakucho came to tell him Y/n wanted to speak to him. He didn't bother trying to be too calm while around only Kakucho, but he had made so many plans.

He managed to find a place for them both and was even able to make it look like the home he had always hoped to have while continuing his plans.

He intended to take her there as a way of showing how much she meant to him. To show his intentions. And as an apology.

It hadn't even crossed his mind how long he and Kakucho had been out preparing everything. When they got back and she wasn't there, he trashed the place until nothing was in one piece.

Kisaki had informed him that she was seen giving Mikey her love once again. The information had him seeing red and it was a look most were very aware of as far as the meaning.

Steer clear.

She's a liar.

And now she's my enemy...like she should have been all along.

I swear I'll make her pay.