Fear & Courage

Y/n's POV

I already knew it would be a while before I would see Chifuyu again. He had to support Takemitchy.

When the twins came back, I had done my best to prepare a warm welcome for them. They had been so kind to me, which wasn't a surprise at all. Not for me.

I even managed to cook their favorite meals to 'almost perfection', Nahoya said. I knew he was teasing me, but it's very welcome.

Souya looked more than grateful to receive another hug as soon as he got back, as well as a meal. I spoke with them for hours, goofing off, listening to Nahoya joke, and listening to Souya fret.

We said our goodnights as usual, each goodnight unique to each twin. I made my way to my room and began writing my letter.

Smiley's POV

They should've known. They should've known, but they didn't.

Nahoya walked into the room they'd deemed hers, to see everything in place, except for one. Her. Souya came in a moment after he did, probably just as excited to see her first thing. Seeing his brothers' face fall, he wanted to tell him it's okay, but he wasn't smiling.

"Smiley, look!"

He snapped his attention to the letter his brother pointed out, sitting on her pillow. He slowly reached out for it, hoping it wasn't news worse than this.

Good morning my emoji boys!

I'm sorry I couldn't stay. I need to help everyone, and I kept thinking the past few days that I have to quit hiding.

I am very much a coward, because I couldn't stand to see you both hurt and planned to leave in the middle of the night instead.

I'll see you both again very soon, so you better both be safe, or I'll cry.

Nahoya could see the wrinkled spots on the letter she wrote knowing she had cried while writing it out.

She has to help everyone, so why couldn't we help her too?

Y/n's POV

I made my way to a place I remembered after whatever Kisaki drugged me with was finally out of my system. I kept thinking over and over again about whether this is the right move.

I could die. I might actually die....but...

I stopped in front of the Tenjiku hideout and took a shaky breath.

I have to do more than hide.