The White Tiger's Unsure Servant

Kakucho's POV

Kakucho knew that that Izana finally noticed her tear-stained face. However, he was more than surprised that he demanded to know who hurt her.

It's been so rare to see him show anything more than rage.

As he watched Izana look Y/n's face over as he began demanding to know what happened to her, he couldn't help but feel a small twinge of hope.

He had hoped that when she showed up at their hideout, he might be able to get her to leave as quickly and quietly as possible. He isn't unaware of her relation to Toman. More specifically, to Mikey. Their intel had come up with confusing information.

How could they have been so obviously into one another, but not even together?

There had been pictures taken of Y/n and Mikey together. Izana had looked enraged and came close to trashing the place seeing Mikey so happy.

Kakucho knew for year that Izana hated Mikey purely out of jealousy. That wouldn't change anything for him, though. He would stay loyal to Izana no matter what. He been the one to bring the most information on Y/n to Izana.

Where she lived, who her friends were, who came to visit her, as well as how often she was out of her house. The amount of time Izana took to dig deeper and deeper into her life was surprising. He was the one who hoped she would be stopped so she wouldn't be able to save Baji.

When he was informed of her injury, he didn't say anything when he was told the brothers had taken her to the hospital. Shouldn't he have wanted her to die? He didn't say anything about it. He dropped talking about her altogether.

Kakucho had seen Izana a few times with a picture in hands. Not a beautiful one of Y/n. It was taken while she was in the hospital. Her lifeless eyes, messy hair, her body slumped against the bedframe. They both knew she looked nothing like how she did before.

It wasn't possible for Kakucho to ever sneak up on Izana. He would wait to be acknowledged, as usual. Izana didn't talk about it. He simply stood and placed the picture back in one of his drawers with such care, that it was more terrifying than when he was being consumed with evil plans.

More terrifying because he put care into putting the photo away, before telling Kakucho the next plan to continue to take Mikey apart.

Why, of all the pictures he could keep, would he save the one where she is most hurt? He didn't even enjoy looking at the picture it seemed.

Kakucho never asked, knowing it wasn't his place, but being witness to this, he began to wonder, if maybe he should.