Subtle Goodbye😿

All I could do was stand completely still as I attempted to process what I was just told. Of all the things I can think of happening and setting it alongside all of the things I've already endured, my mind can't even come up with a word to describe the despair I feel. If my soul disappears, then I disappear too.

I don't understand what killing Mikey has to do with this. Why would he offer that if everyone is okay now?

My mind reeled for answers as I began to pick up little clues.

Ran didn't come in person, almost like he couldn't. Come to think of it, he and Rindou had the same tattoo in the same place.

That tattoo looked just like Izana's earing. I want to hope it's only in memory of him, but I have a really bad feeling.

If Mikey is in trouble...or...is the trouble...would I kill him before he kills me again? This was the last time....so....if he does it again...

Answer the door, dumbass!

A knock drew me out of my dark thoughts. I shook my head as I got up to answer the door once again and saw none other than Chifuyu Matsuno. His shy smile came as a welcome surprise.

Maybe I will think better if I try to think of something else for a while.

"H..hey, Y/n..." He scratched the back of his neck. "How have you been?"

"I've been better. I'm still glad to see you, Chifu." I moved to welcome him into my home, closing the door behind him softly. I followed him into my living room and felt my face heat up when I remembered my pictures. He stopped at each one, almost like he forgot why he came here. I heard him sniffle when he got to my sketch of him, Baji, and Kazutora.

"I'm so glad you never forgot him. You even drew him smiling like he used to." He turned to me with tears in his eyes as I came to stand beside him. "He's my best friend. I would do anything to bring him back."

Anything?

"When you lose sight of what pushed you in this direction, what kept you going, it's hard to stay focused and whole. I know you understand. You fought just as hard as Takemitchy." He suddenly embraced me, placing a soft kiss on my forehead as he held me close. "Thank you for never giving up."

My shoulders dropped as he held me.

How could I even consider hurting anyone? Chifu is right. I would do anything to protect those I love.

I pulled back as I faked a bright smile, cupping his face to wipe his tears away with my thumbs. "You never forgot either, so don't sell yourself short. I know Baji is so proud of you." My smile turned genuine. "I am super proud of you, too!"

He flinched as he maintained eye contact with me. "Why...does it feel like you're saying goodbye?" He began to panic. "Are you in trouble?"

I can't tell him or anyone what I'm about to do. They would stop me for sure. I'll never stop trying to save them.

All of them.

"Nope! I just wanted to let you know that is all. I do have to go though, so I'm sorry we can't talk for long even though we are seeing each other again after such a long time. There's something I need to take care of, k?"

I can't tell him I might die.