When your heart wants to die

It's been a week of pure fun with these three. I'm not even sure why I was quite so terrified at first. At least of Draken.

Mikey however is a little demon.

"Oh Em!" I quickly went to grab my bag that I'd left near the bench.. We took a walk and stopped at a nearby park.

When I got there, my bag was gone!

"Hey Em?" I called back to her. I was about to ask if she'd seen my bag when I turned and saw Mikey on the swings. With my bag.

I walked over to him and he was eating what was in my bag. I just stared at him. He made eye contact with me and popped the last bit of Taiyaki in his mouth.

I tilted my a little waiting for him to speak.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked with slight irritation weaved through his question.

"Oh, I was just waiting for you to tell me if you liked it?" I said with a smile.

He stood up and smiled at me and proceeded to answer, "Yeah, I like it a lot actually. Where'd you get it?"

"I made it myself! I love cooking and I remember Em said you liked Taiyaki and Dorayaki and I practiced making some so you could try it. I wanted to be the one to present it to you though, ya jerk." I mumbled the last bit and looked away like I was angry. I was able to speak to him a lot better without too many issues except, like I said, HE'S A DEMON.

"Hey Y/n?" I felt arms wrap around me and froze.

Mikey is hugging me!?!?!?!!?

He rested his head on my shoulder before saying, "I want more."

I don't remember much else after that. Did I pass out? Maybe. How did I get home? You're guess is as good as mine.

>>>>>

I woke up with a smile.

I'm so glad Mikey liked it. I'll make him more when I go to see them again.

I stretched and got up to go to the bathroom. Before getting there, I head soft crying. Worried, I went to see if my Aunt was okay. She's never cried in front of me before. I popped my head around the corner and she was sitting at the table with her phone in front of her.

"Auntie, you okay?" I asked moving toward her.

She started shaking as she looked at me with red eyes.

What could possibly be wrong?

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry." She said between sobs. "Your mother was found this morning in her house. I couldn't reach her so I called to have someone check on her. She killed herself."

"My mom.....dead?"

>>>>>>

It's my fault.

Where am I going?

It's all my fault.

I can't breathe. I'm outside but I can't breathe. I knew when I left she looked way too sad.

My fault.

I didn't even notice how flat her voice sounded when I would call her.

I might as well have killed her myself.

I don't want this. I don't it.

I covered my ears and closed my eyes in a desperate attempt to keep the voice calling me murderer from overtaking me. It's all I can hear.

I bump into someone and fall-back, landing in a way I know twisted my leg. But I don't feel it. I don't feel anything.

I hear muffled voices.

It's my fault.

Muffled voices getting closer.

All my fault. I killed her and I'm alone again.

"Y/n!" I felt warmth around my neck.

Someone's hugging me? And crying. I turn slowly to look. It's Emma.

"Y/n, you're bleeding. What happened to you? Your Aunt's been searching everywhere for you. Did someone do this to you? Y/n?"

That's right.

I let everything go. All the tears, the blame, I couldn't help it. I cried until I couldn't anymore. My mom is gone.

She's gone. But...

I hugged Emma tightly as my tears began to dry.

I forgot. I'm not alone anymore.

>>>>>

After talking with my Aunt, she told me I am more than welcome to stay with her. I agreed to do so and have to go back to school. In Japan. Middle school. To be specific. The absolute worst place to be when you are already struggling.

Regardless, I'm not giving up. I'm going to do whatever is necessary to protect the friends I have.

Besides, it can't be all bad. Some time has passed since my mom passed, and I just turned 14, and see that I will be attending a pretty interesting school. Only because I know who is going there.

I start attending class in a few days at Mizo Middle.

I can keep it together. I can keep it together. I'm going to help Takemitchy.

The shapeshifting prankster watched from outside her window as she prepared to keep going through her days. He had guaranteed the gods of worlds that humans were weak and insignificant. Throw the smallest bit of heart ache and they crumble completely. Even the more strong willed ones.

This particular girl has to remember she was murdered in her past life saving her little sister. Unable to hide both her and her sister, she chose to hide her sister in a safe and unnoticeable spot, before sneaking away in an attempt to find a way of fighting the home invaders.

*Flashback*

I clearly say the fear in her eyes when the power shut off for her house. After all, she was babysitting while her parents had a date night.

Lena started to be nervous and as her big sister, she grabbed Lena as a joke saying "Hold me, Lena! You have to protect me, I'm scared!" The silliness of the moment helped her sister laugh and relax a bit while calling her Sissy a big chicken.

Lena didn't notice the lights approaching the house or the sounds of footsteps approaching the door.

She was a quick thinker though.

"Lena, I got the best idea!" She whispered with a smile to keep the youngest from noticing what was happening.

"Let's hide before mom and dad get back okay? I've got a super cool hiding place for you too."

She pulled her into her parents bedroom and opened a little cubby big enough for her sister to climb into under her parents bed.

She could hear scratches and clattering, but did her best to remain calm as her sister climbed in to hide from their parents.

"Remember, you have to be super quiet okay? You can't win unless you aren't found." Her sister gave a joyful nod, and y/n closed the cubby quietly. Once it was closed, she put some non-descript items in front to make it unnoticeable just in case.

But she didn't do what I told my bosses she would do! She didn't go to hide. She went to find a weapon. She had managed to make it back to the living room and got the baseball bat next to the entertainment center. She didn't notice until it was too late, that it had been quiet for a moment too long.

The floor creaked behind her and when she turned around, the sudden pain in her chest told her all she needed to know.

*End Flashback*

I thought putting her in this kind of world would destroy her. But she keeps fighting! I hate this kid. But I will break her spirit.