Changed Minds

Ran's POV

This chick is seriously something else. It's funny. She's giving her all to cuss me out all because I fluster her.

Cute.

He made sure to keep his same tired face the whole time, knowing it would piss her off that much more for not even reacting a little.

She still hasn't completely healed from what I see. She risked herself again for a thank you?

"Would you PLEASE stop looking me up and down like that?!?!?" She let out a huff and crossed her arms.

He could tell Rindou was more than pissed, but he took his cues from him, so he stood by waiting.

When she took a breather, he shrugged, walked into his kitchen, and called out over his shoulder, "If you're done blowin a fuse, you should hang with us for a while."

He glanced back at her and found her with a dumbstruck expression. She didn't respond for a minute, and he honestly believed she was just pouting again.

He turned fully around as she walked up to him with her head down, stopping directly in front of him. She did the absolute LAST thing he would've expected from her. She put her arms around his waist and hugged him.

"I'm tired, and I know I'm really evil right now. It's been a very long..." She hesitated as if thinking of how to end it before finishing with, "...life."

He kept his poker face as she pulled away to look him in the eye and smile.

If she's doing something to take me out...

"Thank you, Ran Haitani." He raised an eyebrow at the different approach she took. "I hope when we meet again, you're being just as cool."

He stood there wide eyed as she let go, making her way back to their door. She pulled the door open, turned to wave at them both with a smile, and walked out, closing the door behind her.

Ran stared at the door for while, causing Rindo to ask, "You think she knows something?"

Ran didn't immediately respond. He was told she would come looking for them, probably to ask them for help or whatever.

She still smiles after everything....

She didn't flirt back, but was sarcastic as hell with his attempts...but then....

"You want me to bring her back?" Rindo asked, irritated he hadn't gotten a response yet.

"Nope. Let her go. I'm too cool for her to stay away from." Ran joked.

Y/n's POV

I can't believe how badly I showed out. It was like hearing him tease me like that, I could hear the same teasing from jerks in my past life. I was teased like that just to see how embarrassed I'd get, but I never cussed them out. Which made them keep doing it relentlessly...If I had spoken up then...would I still feel broken even in my new life?

I was going to ask them for help, but...I had this feeling I shouldn't. I still think that I did the right thing. I could hear myself blasting him and...I hated it.

I limped my way back to my city, before wondering if I should go back to my apartment at all. It's cold outside now.

Everyone in this world hurts others because they were hurt too.

Only a few blocks away from my home, I was suddenly filled with fear. Like going back...

I shook my head and went in the opposite direction towards the park. Even thought it's cold, I'm not going home. The fight on Christmas is coming. I need to be able to think clearly without being terrified.

Sleeping in the park isn't going to be forever.