🤒💕Namjoon - Are you tired?

Requested by @kkkkk_WriterAtHeart

Panting, a lot of panting, that's all I can hear in this practice room after we've finished the third run through of our upcoming concert in Busan. We're all exhausted from constantly dancing, singing and rapping. Our voices are all starting to get a little hoarse. Hoseok takes a deep breath before saying, "Alright guys, let's all go home so we can get rest." Everyone nods in agreement and then our performance director, Sungdeuk, speaks up "He's right guys, rest up well, make sure to take good care of yourselves, stay in good health." "I have some more work to do and I have a meeting with Bang about the next album. You can leave, I might come back a little late." I say when everyone starts packing their stuff. They nod hesitantly. "Alright, but son't stay too late and don't overwork yourself. Remember that we have another practice tomorrow so you don't want to tire yourself out too much and you need a good night's sleep." I humm before acking my stuff, saying goodbye and leaving the room to head towards my studio.

I have about an hour before the meeting so I decide to work on a song for a little bit to pass the time. Yesterday I got some inspiration while cycling home and passing the park. I pull out my notebook and look at the words I quickly jotted down. After a bit, I start writing down the lyrics that I come up with. Yesterday I worked all night on a beat that I had in my head and turned it into almost a complete song. The only thing it still needs is lyrics and these might just be perfect for the tune. Now that I think about it, I've actually been pulling quite a few all-nighters and light nights these past few weeks. I now it isn't good for my health, but I don't particularly feel very tired, so I guess I'm still in the clear. When the hour has passed, I've gotten more than half of the song done. 

I head to Si Hyuk-nim's office so that we can talk about the next album. I knock and enter when he gives me permission. "Hey, Joon. Come sit. I'm really sorry, but this meeting might take a while." "No problem, I have the rest of the day, so we can talk as long as we need unless you have some things to do or places to be still."

The meeting indeed took longer than expected. Turns out, there's a few things that I still need to take care of for the tour and the demo's for the next album have to be done before we leave the country so that we don't need to rush everything really hard when we get back. We have all the demo's ready, but I'm going to need two more songs. The one that I had been working on is perfect for the concept, but then I need one more. I've got an idea, but I'm going to need all night to finish the demo of the first song and get at least everything except the lyrics ready for the second one. I sigh and get back in my studio, starting to my work. It's better to do it now than procrastinate. 

The next morning I wake up early with my head on my desk. I must have fallen asleep after working so long. I know I said I didn't feel tired yesterday, but now the tiredness seems embedded into my bones and muscles. My whole body feels heavy and I have a pounding headache, but I have to finish this and get to dance practice. I can not have the members notice that I'm tired or they're going to send me straight home. After another two hours of working I'm finally done with the beat and everything. I've even gotten a bit of the lyrics done, which I didn't expect was possible. I save everything, turn the computer and monitors of and then grab my bag and head out. Before going to the practice room, I pass by the toilets to throw some water into my face. When I enter the room, I notice immediatly that everyone is already there, waiting for me to arrive.

"You didn't come home yesterday, don't tell me you pulled another all-nighter." Yoongi says as soon as he notices me. His reprimanding attracts the attention of all the other members. Though he seems cold, I know he's really saying it because he cares a lot about me, about all the members. "It was late when I finished so I just slept on the couch of my studio because I didn't feel like biking home at that hour." He looks at me with eyes full of suspicion, but then nods and starts to warm up. Everyone follows his example and we're off for another four hours of practice.

By the end of hour two my head feels like it's about to explode. There are small blak dots in my vision and my brain seems to have taken a vacation to Mars because nothing is really getting through to me and I'm making all kinds of mistakes. Eventually, while getting ready for the Mic Drop dance break, my whole vision blurs and the sound of the loud music dissapears before my legs give out and I fall to the ground. Everyone is around me immediatly, trying to get something out of me, most importantly if I'm okay and if I'm hurt. I manage to whisper out a "I'm fine" and "Need a minute" which makes them quiet down. Sejin-nim finally pushes them back a little to get me some space. After a few minutes of laying there and trying to catch my breath, I finally feel a bit better. 

"I think I can get up now, if someone helps me." I say quietly. Immediatly Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung are by my side to heave me up. The second I'm standing up, everything starts get blurry again. I try to ignore and make two steps towards the door, but then everything just goes black and I collapse to the ground.

When I wake up, the surface underneath me feels a lot softer than the floor of the practice room should be. I open my eyes slowly only to notice that I'm in my own bedroom. "Morning, sleepyhead. Didn't we tell you to not overwork yourself?" A voice says beside my ear, the persons arms wrapped tightly around my torso, pretty much immobilising my arms. "Can't you reprimand me another time and just continue cuddling me for now? You're pretty good at it hyung. Thoug I would recommend you let my arms go, I can barely move." "You not moving is what we're trying to achieve here, otherwise you're gonna get your laptop and continue working, Mister Stubborn." "If you want to immobilise me, just get the other to join and watch a movie so that I'm at least distracted, Grandpa Stubborn." "I'm too lazy to get up." "Just text them then, cause I obviously can't go get them." "Fine, if I'd let you go, you'd probably escape to the studio anyways." Before Yoongi can even move his hand, two bodies fall on top of me and I hear the iconic sound of Netflix opening. "No need to text, we're already here." "Good, now keep quiet and turn on Iron Man so that Kook finally stops complaining and keeps quiet."

1269 words

06.08.2023