💕 Jungkook & Y/n - One within a million lights

I'm finally done with the entrance exam and I finished my last year of high school, which means I finally have the time to write again! (I wrote the end of this chapter a few weeks later and a little update, I got in, which means I get to study medicine this year.) Remember what I said in the last chapter about posting regularly? Yeah, I knew I was setting my self up for failure. Alright, after all this stress, I'm craving some fluff and I hope you are too!

Love, I had always wondered if love was something that existed in my future. My future as an artist, as an idol, as the idol of so many people. And if it does exist, will it be one of the millions of lights I get to watch on that stage. Will her eyes reflect those lights like stars in the night sky or will they be hidden behind a well practiced theatre of 'nothing is going on'? Will I get to hold her in front of other people, or will I have to contain my love within the walls that I call home. Will you, all of those little lights, love her as much as I do or will you make me part from her so that I can protect her from the whisperd nightmares of hate. 

Love is something I rarely dare to imagine as it is almost impossible in a life like mine. How does one balance a professional life like mine with a sincere love that is cherished by moments of affection and adoration. I can not imagine having to miss someone I love so much for months while I am on tour, performing on stage for so many people, people that love me too, but in a different way.

Exhaustion weighs heavy on my bones and muscles as I move to the front of our formation. The light shines brightly in my eyes, but I try to ignore it. It gives off so much warmth, warmth that is nothing other than uncomfortable for my already sweaty body. I do my very best to keep every step powerful and energetic. Keeping my stage presence to the max. I have to do well, for ARMY. My body is empty of all the energy I had at the beginning of this tour, muscles sore, a throat like sandpaper from all the singing, sleep schedule messed up. The feeling of being about to collapse constantly lingers in the back of my mind.

I'm walking across the stage, my eyes scanning over the huge amount of fans that came to the last concert of our US tour, when they lock with hers. A green forest with little speckles of brown, a little bit of yellow and a splotch of grey. Never have I seen eyes as beautiful as hers, as expressive as hers and as captivating as hers. A gush of wind blows a strand of hair in front of her eyes, making me switch my focus to the brownish golden locks falling down her shoulders. I look at her lips forming a bright and adorable gummy smile, soft and kissab- Jungkook concentrate! I finally take her appearance in completely. An elegant white dress that reaches just above her knees, a mesmerising necklace that lies right between her collarbones. Every ounce of tiredness I felt before just evaporated into thin air. It's like just seeing her is enough to charge my drained battery.

If love at first sight is real, this is definitely it. I may have had crushes in school, or even liked a girl more than just a crush, but this is different. This is love, I can feel it. Oh god, what am I going to do. I will probably never see her again after tonight. This is our last day in the US and then we're heading to Europe. She's from here, though she's Asian for sure.

Before I know it the song ends. The sound in my in-ears signals me to get in position for the last song before the encore. I make a run for my spot next to Jin-hyung. He looks at me for a second, his eyes full suspicion, before concentrating on our performance. I follow his lead.

Time flies by, in the blink of an eye, I am standing in the backstage room, telling our oldest hyung all about the gorgeous girl I spotted in the crowd. "Am I hearing this correctly?! Our baby jungkookie, in love with a beautiful lady! Aren't you a little too young to start dating? You've just finished middle school if I am not mistaken." He says all dramatically, his lips tugged into a smug smile. "Hyung~~!", I whine. "Are you serious right now, I'm a lot older than you think I am. I can't do anything about the fact that you want to adamantly deny that you are becoming a grandpa!" "Hey! If anyone here is a grandpa, it's Yoongi!" "What am I going to do? I'll probably never see her again after tonight." "It's serious then? I thought you were just having a little crush. Kookie, you haven't even spoken to her. You don't know if she means well." "I know, but how would I get to know? Right now we're at a concert, I can't just start having a chat with her in front of all the fans. But if I don't do anything, I'll never see her again!" "I know, Kookie. It's not easy being famous, but we have to think about your safety to. If you'd just give her your number without knowing her intentions, she could spread it and that would be horrible. I get how you feel, Gguk, but I don't want you to get hurt. If you really think you're destined to be, than I believe with all my heart that you will meet her again. But today and right now, in these circumstances, it's just not the right time." "But I'm a human like everyone else! Why don't I get to have my happy ending with the person I love?!" I yell, frustrated. Not with Jin-hyung, but with the world, with the way my dreams just have to interfere with my life. Seokjin embracing me pulls me from my thoughts. "I know, I know. I don't like it either, but there's nothing we can do," he whispers softly into my ear. "Now go change and take a little breather before we go on stage again, hmm." I nod without saying a word and go to grab my outfit from the staff.