Not like I cared, but Rebel could! I don't want my boyfriend to get played by her. He deserved better if she keeps doing this to him. Ugh, I hated thinking about this it always stressed me out. 

The stress immediately disappeared when Lucas popped into my head, making my heart leaped with joy. Today is his birthday and I'm so excited to spend my first day free from this hell with him. A gigantic smile was plastered on my lips because of my boyfriend who I dearly miss right now. 

Our most recent date, was a study date when Lucas would try to study for hours and I would play footies with him, distracting him. It always ended up with a steamy makeout session which was what I always looked forward to.

I scrolled through the photos of my boyfriend, feeling my cheeks become warm with every photo. I groaned, playfully hitting my bed. "I miss him," I whined, missing the way his arms felt around mine. I pressed his number, sending him a quick message to remember to pick up the cake I ordered. I lifted myself up from the bed and walked down the stairs back to the kitchen. 

"Katherine? Do you think I could leave now?" I asked.

"Sure go ahead also don't forget to tell Rebel he can burn in hell," She laughed, walking back to the couch.

I partically ran to the front door, pressing on Lucas's number. 

"Hey, I'm on my way!!!"

---------

Finally, after an hour of walking, I reached Lucas's house. The dominant yellow, green, and beige colors, together with the light scent of flowers contributed to the soothing atmosphere. I waved at his elderly gardener who was watering all the plants. I used his pathway to walked up to his front steps. I rang the doorbell, waiting for a reply.          

The door carefully opened, revealing his senior bulter named Maxwell. Before I could form any words, Lucas appeared telling Maxwell that it's okay.    

"Happy birthday," I smiled, tightly wrapping my arms around him. He hugged me back immediately, my body melted in his arms feeling safe for the first time in a while. 

"Thank you," he said, placing a kiss on my cheeks. "My mother sent Brennie to pick the cake but dropped it on the way in."

"Oh, well, then we could always just make one," I suggested, my hands still connected to his neck and his hands on my waist.

"That would be fun. As long as you're with me," he smiled, placing another peck on my cheek that was already burning.  

After entering his house, Lucas led me down the small hall leading to the kitchen. His kitchen was spacious and decorated in white, making it seemed clean. Lucas told the other butlers to take a break for the day, leaving the room empty for them. He reached into his cabinet taking out a cake box and placing it on the counter.   

I inspected the box, reading all the directions, and waiting down all the ingredients. After writing them all down, I searched through his refrigerator for each ingredient and asking Lucas for the one's I couldn't find. Lucas was able to get the bowls and pots ready and set the oven to preheat.

I used two separate bowls, one for liquids and other for the solids. I planned to pour the flour while Lucas took care of the sugar. Lucas playfully threw sugar at me and grabbed a handful of flour, chugging it at my face. I gasped, grabbing several eggs and attacking him with them. He then filled a bowl with water, throwing it at me and drenching me.  "Oh my god!" I hissed, feeling the hairs at the back of my neck rise. "I'll get you back for that!

Suddenly, my body tingled, the feel of his frame leaning on me as his arms wrapped around my waist. Heart rose from my stomach to my chest and my heart definitely skipped a beat as Lucas's lips were closing in. The smell filled my nostrils to the point of near brain death. He was so close. That was it -- at that very moment his lips brushed over mine like a wave of warmth and all my body reacted to him instinctively. My toes curled, my eyes zeroed in on his, his smell even more hypnotic. The taste of him... it silenced my thoughts and made me want more.