Chapter fifty eight: The mightiest being

It has been two years since Cale was held captive by the enemy. Well, to be exact, kidnapped and pampered as the boss' child. Cale grew taller, by 5cm only. His height during the first timeline was taller compared to now and it made him sad.

Maybe this is really my final appearance, Cale sighed as he looked at his reflection.

His hair grew longer since he didn't like other people aside from Ron and Hans to cut his hair. He was still wearing his nightgown and his presence there was on par with a lord's son. Well, the White Star was doting on him like a father would to his son.

It was morning and no one was guarding his door. Only his food was delivered and the servants were all frantic as if something was happening.

"What could it be?" Cale muttered as he snuck a peek outside his room.

The person who always waited right outside the room was nowhere to be found. He took this chance to sneak away and look for ways to go back home.

For two years, Cale has been under strict surveillance plus the chains on his neck and limbs prevented him from doing anything. The cursed metal was still there but he got used to the level of its effect so he found a way to use his Omnipotence a little bit.

He pretty much tamed the White Star and had almost spent his time with Cale for the past two years. Deep within his heart, Cale felt affection towards his enemy. He refused to acknowledge it, though.

"The attack will start at noon, so we have to prepare anything our liege will need," one of White Star people said.

Attack? Cale thought as he eavesdropped.

"The Indomitable Alliance has been ready and they have been itching for battle to claim the lands," another said.

Cale froze. He remembered the war that sparked every conflict for the next 20 years. The war that took his family's life.

Is it today? Damn, what am I still doing here? Cale thought as he gritted his teeth.

I will never forgive myself if something happens to them again! Cale tightly closed his eyes, his heart was racing so fast.

Cale took a couple of deep breaths and walked towards the room where he first found the teleportation scrolls. He needed to go back. He can't stay here knowing his family and friends would be endangered.

However, before he could use the scroll he found that would lead to the Rowoon Kingdom, Barrow tapped his shoulder.

"What are you doing here, Cale?" Barrow asked.

Cale's heart almost jumped out of his chest but he remained calm as he hid the scroll inside his gown.

"I got bored again and this room looks interesting," Cale smiled innocently.

"I see, let's go back to your room," Barrow said as he ruffled Cale's hair, then he slid down his arms to Cale's shoulder.

The two walked back to his room and sat on the couch. The butler delivered treats again.

"Are you busy today?" Cale asked as he picked up the teacup and drank the strawberry milk tea.

"Not really, I'll be staying here with you for the rest of the day," Barrow smiled as he rested his chin on the back of his hand.

Damn, he'd be monitoring me. It'll be difficult to stay away from him, Cale swallowed his displeasure.

"Sir Barrow, when will I be able to go home?" Cale asked as he put down his teacup.

"You will, soon. But not today," Barrow responded.

"Are you still doubting me?"

"No! No, it's ... it's not like that."