Chapter fifty: No longer alone

Eruhaben and the others teleported inside Cale's room. Deruth and Hans were in sight, they immediately approached the sleeping redhead.

"Eruhaben-nim, what happened? Where have you been?" Deruth asked.

The golden dragon gently laid the redhead on his bed. Seeing Cale was naked underneath the cloak, Hans immediately went to get some wet towel and a change of clothes.

"Cale went to find a burning Jungle. It is best to ask him once he wakes up. I am unsure about his connection with the fire in the Jungle," Eruhaben responded.

"A burning Jungle? What did he do there?"

"Human went there to put out the fire. He said the fire was burning his body so he needed to extinguish the fire," Raon was the one who responded since he accompanied the redhead all throughout. Ohn and Hong nodded in agreement.

"What?" Deruth slumped on the chair near Cale's bed as he massaged his temples. Hans came back and cleaned the redhead. After that, he dressed him in his nightwear.

What is going on, Cale? Deruth sighed. Eruhaben felt pity towards a caring father worrying about his troublesome kid.

"You should take a rest, the same with all of you. Cale needs time to regain his strength," Eruhaben said as he picked up the kittens and Raon leaned on his shoulder. They all went to their rooms and left Cale with his father.

"Oh, Jour. I don't know what to do with our son anymore," Deruth whispered as he fell asleep beside his son.

Cale's body was in the process of changing. The gods under the Earth's watch knew what was happening to him. The current Gaia died and it was his turn to become the earth. His body underwent a transition, which made him susceptible to what the earth was feeling. The redhead will sooner or later discover what happened to him.

Morning came and Cale woke up. Somehow, he felt refreshed yet he didn't know why. He sat up and stretched his body.

"Yesterday was certainly weird, I wonder what happened," Cale muttered as he stared at his palms. "I felt how my body burned but it went away after I fell asleep."

"I guess, I have to visit those bastards again. Ugh, I don't want to see any of them," Cale sighed. He certainly didn't want to meet any of those gods.

Cale stood as he went out of his room, not knowing he hadn't changed his clothing. Hans immediately saw him and dragged him back to his room to change his clothes.

"Young Master, don't just forget to change into your outdoor clothes. You will get in trouble with the Madam if you walk around with your nightwear," Hans reminded.

"I seem to forget," Cale answered.

"I am glad you're awake, Young Master. You've been asleep for a week now," Hans said.

"What? A week? Why?!" Cale asked.

"Don't you remember what happened? You collapsed a week ago," Hans answered.

It's been a week? What? Cale's eyes shook. Seeing his expression, Hans couldn't help but feel pity.

The Young Master really is living a difficult life, Hans thought.

Once Hans was done dressing him up, Cale went out. The redhead was informed of what happened during his slumber. The wolflings were getting stronger and smarter. The same with his cat children. Hans also told him that his father was in distress seeing how he collapsed once again.

"I'll visit my father," Cale said as Hans accompanied him until outside Deruth's office. The deputy butler knocked and Deruth let him enter.

"Dad," Cale called.