Chapter twenty one: Rainbow after a little rain

Cale Henituse's expectation failed him. His plan was to go on an adventure with Alver and the others. He should be at the Northern Lake with them right now. He also wished he had finished his meal instead of running away fuming like a spoiled brat. But it was too late. His realization came late. He was now being carried like a child by his enemy, the White Star. Rotten luck, right? Cale couldn't help but laugh internally.

"What do you say? Do you want to come with me?" the White Star asked once again.

Ha! Who would come with you? He asked angrily in his mind. He had to suppress his emotions so he wouldn't be found out. His body was still trembling as memories from the future kept playing in his mind. He timidly shook his head which made White Star frown. Cale flinched seeing the White Star's expression but the latter smiled right away to ease him. The White Star was about to say something when he saw one of his subordinates coming towards him.

"My liege," a manly voice said, hearing this made Cale instinctively hide his face from the additional person. He unintentionally burrowed his face onto the White Star's shoulder, which made the latter chuckle at his gesture. The White Star also noticed how bad the child was trembling after hearing the voice of the Lion King, Dorph. The White Star patted Cale's back in an attempt to comfort him, unknowingly they were the reason for his fear.

"My liege, who's that child? Is he your son?" Dorph asked. The White Star faced him with his stoic expression under his mask.

"No, he is from the slums. Though I want to take him with me," the White Star answered.

Shit! He hasn't given up yet! Cale thought as he kept his head hidden. He doesn't want to risk any more enemies seeing his face. It's already bad that the final boss saw his face.

"I see, but we need to go now, my liege," Dorph reminded. White Star sighed and put the redhead down. It's too bad he couldn't take the young child with him since the place they were going was too dangerous for the child. White Star couldn't risk someone he took fancy of.

"Child, I'll come back for you later on. I have some matters I need to attend to," White Star crouched down and said while patting Cale's head.

The White Star took off his robe and wrapped Cale with it, he tightly tied the ribbons of the cloak so it won't fall off. The robe was black and there was a white star crest on its chest. Cale stood there unmoving and not saying any single word. The White Star smiled at him once more and waved his hand.

Cale watched them walk away until he could no longer see them. After ensuring the White Star and his subordinates were gone, his legs gave out—making him slump on the dirty ground. His eyes were fixed on the place where the White Star had gone. Then, all his suppressed emotions burst like a dam. His heart was still beating loud, too loud as if the whole world could hear his heart. He was starting to get out of breath, his breathing couldn't keep up with his heart's pace. His tears started to drop from his eyes as all the tension was starting to ease up. As he was trying to calm himself, his [Records] started to play. All the memories he tried to not think about were playing on his mind.

Cale couldn't suppress the sadness, anguish, anger, loneliness he was feeling anymore. He hugged his body and muffled his cries with his palm, but his screams could still be heard. Covered by the cloak with the mark of the enemy, touched by his most hated person, and the memories being played inside his head made him unable to move. All he could do was cry his agony in hopes of making him forget momentarily. Cale couldn't even hear the ancient powers who kept calling for him.

Meanwhile, Youna and Vicross who went after Cale frantically looked for him everywhere but to no avail.

"Where did you go, Cale? Why can't I sense you?" Youna asked as he kept looking for him.