Chapter twenty-eight: One's philosophy

Everything went well according to Cale's plan and along the way, his own group grew bigger as he found people competent for his plans. Once a week, Cale would visit Wind Island and spend his time there. Of course, Cale had permission from his father so they won't get worried BUT Deruth only knew that his son was just strolling around the Rowoon Kingdom. Not even Ron knew about it.

Cale also received Alver's training reports and occasionally he would watch them train. As time goes by, Alver has gotten stronger compared to their first day. The prince and Choi Han were getting along too and now the hero was fluent in their language. Mary had gotten stronger too, she was now able to control skeletons of the monsters and the dragon bones he gave her. Once a month, Cale would also visit Paseton in the Whale Tribe and would visit different cities when they had a chance. The half-whale learned more and more about human beings which fascinated him since they were different compared to what his stereotypes were.

All in all, everything was going well—except for the fact that his body was still deteriorating because of his power and soul. Although the effects weren't noticeable, only Cale knew about it.

Months continued to pass quickly, now Cale Henituse was fourteen. The redhead was getting anxious since nothing had changed and Cale hadn't found any solution to his predicament. The Henituse received an invitation for the First Prince's Coronation day. There have been a lot of events in the life of Alver Crossman, and finally his efforts were reciprocated. Alver Crossman was selected to be the crown prince. The coronation will be held two months before Cale's fifteenth birthday. A lot of preparations will be done since even the princes and princesses of neighboring and allied kingdoms will be invited to the said event.

Cale Henituse was currently in his father's office along with his mother and brother. Lily was now three years old and her nanny was currently tending to her while the others were talking.

"Cale, you have been busy these past few days going sightseeing," Deruth started.

"Yes, since I don't need to study I believe another type of experience would be required for me to become fully mature," Cale responded. Violan nodded, agreeing to what Cale had said.

It was true, ever since Cale had started going out on his own—with his guard and mages in tow—he became more decisive and mature over the years.

"That's right. You even managed to connect yourself with a lot of people from different territories," Deruth said, smiling at how much progress his son made even though he stopped studying.

"Well, creating relationships would help me in the future. It is not only beneficial for me but also to my friends," Cale responded nonchalantly. He doesn't understand why they were having this kind of conversation.

"Right, especially as a leader of a territory you have to create connections to people surrounding your territory so you could help one another," Deruth smiled. From that, Cale suddenly had an inkling about what this conversation would lead to.

"That is why, Cale, I want to inform you that once you turn fifteen, we will announce to everyone you will be the next Count," Deruth continued. Basen expressed how proud and happy he was for his elder brother. Violan was no better, she saw how Cale cared for his people and made sure everyone would be happy.

Cale paled. He doesn't want to lead people, much more become the Count.

"No, dad. I don't want to be the Count. You can have Basen do the role," Cale refuted which surprised everyone.

"Why hyung? You are more suitable for that role compared to me!" Basen responded. Cale frowned.

"I never want to become the Count. I just want to live peacefully and I won't have that if I become the territory leader!" Cale slightly raised his voice. Deruth raised his brows.