Chapter fifty two: Family means nobody gets left behind

Weeks passed since the fuss with the redhead and the prince. Rumors spread as the servants who saw and heard what happened have spread the word. Some people were glad that the firstborn of Count Henituse was awake and healthy now. In those rumors, it was also mentioned that the Crown Prince treasured the firstborn of Henituse. There was also a rumor that the two had promised one another, when they were children, to marry each other when they grew up. Cale didn't know about it since he didn't care about the rumors around him but the heroes had heard about it. The Henituse family, on the other hand, did their utmost best to shut down the rumors.

The heroes didn't know which information they would be reacting to first: the fact that Cale was awake or the Crown Prince and the firstborn of Henituse are dating. Vicross, who had been with Cale since he was a child, swore he would definitely beat up the prince in the guise of sparring. He wondered how his father would react if he knew about this. He just sighed.

Alver didn't mind the rumors, this way nobody would approach him for marriage and of course to deflect all the flies going around the redhead.

I'm a good hyung looking after a troublesome dongsaeng after all. Yes, I did the right thing, Alver proudly nodded to himself.

Cale was currently in the Wind Island. He was overseeing the state of affairs of his people. He was also looking after the company he created in the Eastern Continent. His people also had heard the rumors going around the Rowoon Kingdom and they wondered what kind of troublesome mess did their Young Master get roped into.

It seems the Crown Prince of Rowoon needed to be disciplined, that's what was going on inside the minds of Cale's people. Not knowing it was their Master causing all these troubles.

Things were peaceful and Cale hoped for it to remain for a long time. However, that wasn't how their world works.

One morning, Cale awoke with a high fever. He doesn't remember working so hard these past few days so he wondered why he was sick. But then, the heaviness of his body was familiar.

It was the same when his mother was dying.

Because of this, Cale's heart rate began to increase. Was there someone in his family who's going to be taken by fate again? Was there someone he considered precious dying? If there was, he didn't know who.

Now that he was accustomed to knowing everything, facing an unknown challenge made him nervous. It frightened him.

"Hans," Cale called the deputy butler. He was the one nursing the redhead back to his health.

"Yes, Young Master?"

"Did any of my family go out?" Cale asked, he couldn't open his eyes since his body was too hot it was stinging his eyes.

"No, Young Master. The Master and the Madam didn't have any appointments outside the manor, the same with the second Young Master and Young Miss," Hans answered, recalling the schedule of his employers.

Then, who? Who's destined to die today? Cale thought as he frowned.

Raon, Ohn and Hong began to worry. The other dragons were also lounging inside Cale's room. They didn't know, it just felt like they needed to be beside him during this time.

"Youna," Cale called. The red dragon immediately went to his side.

"I have a favor," Cale softly said.

"What is it?"

"Will you check the status of the heroes? They're probably inside Hyung's palace," Cale exhaled heavily.

"Alright, just focus on getting well," Youna said as he turned into his majestic dragon form and turned invisible as he flew all the way to the Capital.