Chapter twenty four: A mortal's limit

It was past midnight and Ron couldn't sleep. He really had this unsettling feeling since he left Cale in his room. He stood and went to check up on Cale. He knocked but there was no answer, so he thought Cale, Alver and Youna were sleeping soundly. However, as an assassin, he was sensitive to people's presence, and the room of his Young Master seemed empty as he didn't feel anything inside. He opened the door and his hunch was right. Ron entered Cale's room and proceeded to wait for the redhead to return as he sat on the couch.

Meanwhile, Cale and the others played on the snow even though it was still midnight. All of them still had energy to spare. They had a snowball fight, even though it was colder at night, they continued until their energy was spent.

"This is the first time I played in the snow during the night," Cale laughed as he laid on the thick snow.

"Yeah, I'm just worried you might get sick Cale. Your body is weak," Alver replied.

"We should get back, I'm afraid people will notice our disappearance," Cale said as he stood after remembering they snuck out.

Damn, I hope Ron didn't check up on us! Cale wished.

Youna teleported them back, Mary first and the three went back to their room. As soon as they got back, Cale turned his head towards his bed and he swore he could see lighting and could hear thunder behind his scary old butler. Alver, Youna and Cale stood straight as they were greeted by a scary old man whose smile didn't reach his eyes.

"Young Master, may I inquire where you went?" Ron asked, still smiling but his eyes weren't. The butler walked towards them and he could feel their cold skin centimeter away from them.

"Um, we just played outside!" Cale awkwardly answered.

Dang! My acting is so bad right now, I wanna cry. My acting before when I was still known as trash was superb! I can't even do that anymore, Cale cried internally. Ron massaged his temples as stress started to pile up.

"Wait here," Ron said as he handed them dry blankets. Cale just watched the old man go out.

After a few minutes, Ron came back.

"All of you should go and take a bath, you'll catch a cold if you stay like that," Ron said. They all went to the bathroom without saying a word and took a quick warm bath.

Ron assisted Cale dressing him up, the butler offered to help the prince but he refused telling the old man he could do it.

"Cale, we'll see you later. Good night," Alver said as he went back to the room.

"Good night, Cale! Call me if you need me!" Youna turned in for the night.

Ron and Cale were the ones left in the room. The old butler tucked in Cale for the night.

"You should sleep now, Young Master. It is not good for your body to keep staying up late," Ron said as he patted Cale's hair.

"Okay, good night, Ron," Cale softly said and smiled. Ron nodded and waited for the redhead to fall asleep.

Ron, didn't lecture me today, Cale satisfyingly thought and he fell asleep immediately.

The next day, Ron woke up early as usual, the same with the others. All of them went on their usual routine. Vicross already went to the kitchen to prepare their meals and Ron went to his Young Master's room. He knocked on Cale's door but there was no answer. He thought Cale was still asleep, however he needed to wake up Cale so he could eat on time. As soon as he opened the door, he saw the redhead still curled up in his blanket. He approached him and tapped his small body. Even though Cale was already twelve years old, he was still small as if he's only ten.