Chapter forty six: Let the show begin

Late afternoon came and the children got tired playing and running around the city. Cale told Hans to bring the children back to the inn. Youna and Cale would roam around for a while before going back.

Even though it was getting dark, the city was still lively. Cale could see the happiness on the faces of the people in the Molden Kingdom. However, there was still this icky feeling he had been sensing ever since they set foot on this kingdom.

Youna spotted a food stall and went there to buy. Cale walked towards the plaza but before he could reach it, the Queen arrived on the scene. The people bowed to show respect and Cale did too. As soon as he lifted his head, he could see Queen Elisneh the First looking at him.

Crap, does she know me? Cale thought as he stepped back as soon as he saw Elisneh walking towards him.

The people watched their Queen walking towards the redhead.

"Hm, it's my first time seeing you in my kingdom. Are you new here or are you a visitor?" Elisneh asked as she examined Cale from head to toe.

"Ah, yes. I am here to visit the festival here," Cale smiled.

"My, what a lovely visitor we have here," Elisneh said with a delightful expression, "Here, I am inviting you to our banquet tomorrow in my palace."

Cale took the invitation Elisneh handed to him. He smiled thinking he won't need to infiltrate the palace if he has access there.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," Cale bowed.

Elisneh flapped her fan and smiled behind it. She has a different agenda inviting the red-haired noble. She was oriented about a certain redhead their leader fancied.

"Before we part ways, may I know your name?" Elisneh asked.

"Oh, pardon for my late introduction. I am Cale, Cale Henituse, Your Majesty," Cale answered.

Elisneh felt as if she won a lottery upon learning his name. This was certainly the person White Star was longing for. They all thought this person died three years ago, it seemed he didn't.

"I see. Nice to meet you, Young Master Cale. I am looking forward for your participation at my banquet tomorrow," Elisned said and she walked away with her guards.

Cale stood there, while the citizens looked at him in awe. He stared at the invitation given to him.

Lucky me, Cale smiled as he walked towards Youna.

The red dragon dragged him to a secluded area in the city. Youna slammed his hand on the wall as he stared down at his red-haired human.

"What do you think you're doing, Cale?!" Youna asked in a low voice but his tone was definitely angry.

"What do you mean?" Cale asked.

"Don't play dumb! I know you know what you did!"

"Calm down, Youna. They will not hurt me."

"But they already did," Youna said as he leaned his head on Cale's shoulder. The latter gently patted Youna's back. The red dragon stood properly and Cale finally saw Youna's worried face.

"Youna, it's important they know my name. I want to take advantage of their affection towards me," Cale said as he cupped the red dragon's face.

"We already talked about this with everyone, right? They have set up the devices I asked them to and the key for this operation is to get closer to one of the sources. This kingdom has a big reserve of dead mana, so purifying this place is important," Cale added, however, Youna's expression didn't get better.