Chapter forty eight: Whipper Kingdom

A month and a week passed since Cale's probation started, he contacted the person in-charge of managing his mines and winery that was currently based inside the Wind Island.

"Philia, prepare for our lodging and carriage in the Whipper Kingdom. Take some of Bud's mercenaries to keep you safe," Cale told the person on the other side of the communication device.

[Young Master Cale, is this how you should be greeting me? You didn't contact me directly when you woke up, now you're giving me another job. Why are you so cold to me?]

"Oh, is that a complaint?"

[Of course not, Young Master. Your command is as good as done]

"My, I really have a reliable partner. See you in three weeks, Philia."

[Alright, Young Master. Keep safe in there]

After their conversation, Cale went out to find the dragons in their room. He passed by the training grounds and he could see Maes and the other older wolf children training with the Knights of Henituse. He waved at them and they smiled at him.

"Youna, what are you up to?" Cale asked as soon as he spotted him. The red dragon was certainly acting weird lately.

"Nothing, I was just doing some training here," he answered. Cale just watched the red dragon.

"Youna, would you like to cut my hair short? I heard from Grandpa Eruhaben that you cut your own hair," Cale said. Youna stopped what he was doing and stared at Cale.

"Why would you want that?"

"Well, sometimes my hair gets in the way, especially in battle. It will eventually grow if I keep using my Omnipotence. I also find it troublesome taking good care of this long hair."

"I see, come here," Youna said.

Cale sat on a stool prepared by the red dragon and Youna started cutting his hair. The red dragon was extra careful in cutting his hair, like every strand was important. Cale noticed it and he chuckled internally.

Come to think of it, Youna hasn't used his attribute. He kept using normal magic when fighting, even Grandpa Eruhaben and Grandpa Olienne didn't know about it, Cale thought.

Ever since they met, Youna hasn't shown his attribute to any of them. Cale believed since he was the Dragon Lord's son, his attribute would be strong and out of ordinary. No dragons have the same attribute, unless the other one was dead. Every dragon has their own special color and attribute; that was a fact.

"Youna, what is your attribute? Raon doesn't have one yet, right?" Cale asked. Youna stopped momentarily and continued cutting his hair.

"It's a little strong and hard to control so I don't use it. I researched about my attribute, looking for some dragons who once wield the same attribute as I am. But I found nothing, I am the first one I guess," Youna answered.

"Hmm, I see. You are a smart dragon, you already know when to use your strengths," Cale said.

"I haven't found a chance where I can use my attribute, and if I have to reveal my attribute, I want you to be the first one to know," Youna replied as he brushed Cale's hair with his fingers.

"I am a storm dragon, Cale," Youna added. Cale had his eyes widened from what Youna had said. It was indeed powerful; the attribute to manipulate different kinds of storms.

"I see, I understand why you are not using it yet. It is better not to use it unless necessary," Cale responded. "Thank you for telling me."

"Anything for you, Cale. I am done," Youna said. Cale looked at his reflection in the mirror Youna provided. His hairstyle now was the same as his hair when Choi Han beat him up from their first timeline.