Chapter thirty-five: Lost Traveler

A/N: This chapter will be in Cale Henituse's point of view.

* * *

Years passed ... I didn't know how much time passed. The cold hand I was holding became nothing but a skeleton. I stayed where my papa and ahjussis' body was laid. I stayed unmoving beside them.

I wondered how many years have passed. I didn't know. I stopped counting. Right now, I was the only one breathing in this wretched place. I looked around to see the result of my own hatred. The place papa and ahjussis died protecting. I ended up destroying it. Them.

I held the skeleton hand tightly and placed it near my forehead as I bent my body and whispered: "I'm sorry" over and over again.

Then lights flickered in front of me. Six familiar beings appeared before me.

"Cale," Thanatos called. But I didn't respond.

I didn't know what their expressions looked like. Were they disappointed? Will Thanatos yell at him again? Will they call me childish for destroying everything? I didn't know and I didn't expect anything good from them. Contrary to what I thought they'd do, they just pulled me away. Away from my papa and ahjussi. They pulled me into their arms.

"Oh, Cale," I heard Angelina's voice as she brought me close to her.

"Cale, it's time for you to let go. You've been here for a long time now," Horae reminded me as she gently patted my head.

"Where will I go?" I asked as I lifelessly slumped on their bodies. The gods who came to fetch me looked at one another.

"Where will I go, leaving my papa and ahjussi behind?" I asked again. I was not expecting an answer from them.

"Kim Rok Soo, Choi Jung Soo and Lee Soo Hyuk died protecting this place. I made so many memories with them. They were all good people to me," I continued. The gods quietly listened to me as tears fell from my eyes, unknowingly.

"I didn't even say a proper thank you to them. I didn't even properly tell them how much I love them and how much they mean to me. If I have destroyed the place my papa and his friends treasured, where will I go?" I added.

Angelina brought me closer to her and gave me a comforting embrace but I never felt comforted.

"Cale, have you forgotten your goal?" Phanes asked. I looked down and stared at my hands.

My goal? I repeated. My eyes widened. I have forgotten about it.

"My goal ... my goal is to save my family and my mom," I answered.

"That's right. That is your goal. What are you still doing here?" Phanes asked again. Tears fell from my eyes as I started sobbing.

"But what if I am wrong? What if something like this happened again? What if I failed and history repeated itself? I can't take any more heartbreaks," I cried. Angelina, Pax and Horae comforted me as they gently rubbed and patted my back.

"It won't, Cale. As long as you stick with your goal, you'll be fine. Your mother already told you, right? People will come and go. Let this heartbreak be your drive to make everything right," Phanes responded using his gentlest tone.

It took me a while to calm down. It was really painful. The gods, even though some of them were really mean, tried their best to comfort me. I didn't know whether it was pity or sadness they felt for me. I didn't know. I didn't want to think.

When I finally calmed down, Thanatos pulled me up then Phanes cleaned me and dressed me up. They gave me a cloak to cover my face as I traveled back. Another portal opened and the gods, who came to pick me up, entered one by one. I was the last one to go.