Chapter thirty-one: Those who have been left behind

Syrem, the Dragon Slayer, was saved by the mage, Redika. His right and leg were nowhere to be found. The rain was pouring hard and Syrem swore the next time he sees that red-haired again he would definitely kill him, if the redhead managed to survive with those injuries.

The healers of the ARM Organization healed his wounds. Syrem failed his mission on taking the child their liege had ordered.

"Syrem," their liege, the White Star spoke. The Dragon Slayer turned his head to the direction of the voice.

"My liege," Syrem bowed.

"Care to explain what kind of disappointment this is?" Cale Barrow asked.

"You even failed your mission," he added.

"Liege, I apologize. But the red-haired Henituse is too strong. He even took the children you ordered us to take," Syrem answered.

"Red-haired Henituse? Are you talking about a child around the age of 13? That's the child I ordered everyone to take, where is he?"

"Huh? Didn't you ask for the brown haired children?"

Cale Barrow frowned and pinched the bridge of his nose.

This stupid fucker, Cale Barrow cursed.

"So, what happened to the red-haired?" Cale Barrow asked.

"We clashed and he was strong. I bet he is dead by now given by how severe his injur—"

Before Syrem could finish his words, he found himself on the ground. He looked at the White Star and he was furious.

"You killed the red-haired child?" Cale Barrow asked.

"My liege—"

"You fucking bastard, why did you kill him?! That child is the one I ordered you to take, not kill! How dare you?! Syrem, remove yourself from my sight and never appear in front of me before I fucking kill you!" Cale Barrow shouted and walked away. He still couldn't kill Syrem as he still had some use. It wasn't easy to find someone suited to become a Dragon Slayer.

Cale Barrow went to his previous village, all that was left was a ruined village. He looked at the wreckage and stared blankly at the night sky.

This curse also took the one and only person I cherished in this life, Cale Barrow thought.

Back to the ARM Organization, a certain platinum gold-haired individual heard the conversation between the White Star and Syrem.

Red-haired Henituse? He thought.

Are they perhaps talking about Cale Henituse? He asked.

Then, the platinum gold-haired individual traveled to the Henituse Territory to look for the red-haired Henituse.

I will never believe he died before meeting me! He thought angrily.

— —

The following day, the news about the attack on the Henituse Estate erupted all over the Rowoon Kingdom. Alver Crossman, the Crown Prince, wanted to ditch his work so he could go there directly. He hasn't received any message from Cale regarding the attack, that's why he was getting worried. He asked his aunt, Tasha, to check on their status and report to him immediately. Choi Han also went back to the Henituse Territory after hearing the news.

Deruth Henituse was still in the same position as he had last night. The same goes with Youna, Olienne and Ron. Nobody moved and nobody could believe what happened. Everybody in the estate was devastated when they heard the news about their first Young Master.