Chapter three: A Little Taste of his Gift

Cale Henituse, now nine years old, was left alone in their house. His father went somewhere to move on from the pain of his dead wife. Cale, on the other hand, had cried his heart out the night his mother was buried. The memory was etched deep within his heart and mind, as he couldn't let grief drown him so he buried it deep down. He could not mope around and keep crying as it will not bring his mother back. All he could do was move forward and continue living while keeping her memories within. 

Since his father was not around, some of the papers left in the county needed some attention and this nine years old child was overseeing them. Deruth's secretary was worried at first but was surprised by the Young Master's capability. Cale was properly managing both the responsibilities of the absent Count and their late Countess. The only papers left were those documents that needed his father's sign. There were also small (big) commotions, from Deruth's relatives after he had gone to a vacation, stirring in the county that goes on for a whole month, but the Young Master had solved it without any problems. He really did show them who the master is in the county. As a result, his father's relatives didn't come back after that.

Cale visits the city from time to time to check and observe the well-being of his territory's people. Also, he revised the training menu and schedule of the Knights and trained them to become exemplary soldiers. He needs the knights to be strong enough to defend their territory. The knights, on the other hand, were more motivated to follow their small Young Master as they could see the determination in his eyes that seemingly does not belong to a child. Cale watched the knights train whenever he had time to, which made the knights fueled with more passion and spirit. The state of the County was more stable than they could expect, and those working within the territory was more in awe of their Young Master.

One night, Cale was sitting on top of his bed while he was contemplating for things. He was carefully thinking what his next move would be. He would like to meet the Hero but he was far too weak to do so. He took the notes he had and re-read it again. He then read that there were ancient powers existing within the kingdom. He finally decided to collect them and he was thankful for his memory as he knew where he could find them. 

"Ah, it would be nice if I could read some books in the Royal Library," he unconsciously mumble as he slowly close his eyes and drift to sleep. Unknown to him, he fell asleep in a different place.

The King of Rowoon Kingdom, Zed Crossman, had a stressful day and he was about to relax and sleep in his chamber when he noticed a small being curled into a seemingly ball on top of his bed. Alerted from this, he slowly approached his bed and widened his eyes from what he saw. He could clearly see a small redhead child sleeping soundly on his bed, and the only redhead he could think who's around this age was the son of Count Henituse. 

"What? What's he doing here?" baffled King Zed Crossman spoke. He looked around and couldn't see anyone aside from this small child. He also checked the windows to see if it was open, but it wasn't. This child didn't sneak in but how did he get here? And what was Deruth doing letting his child go around?!  he questioned. He pushed his temples and sighed. 

"I guess, I'll sleep on the couch tonight," he said and sighed again. He doesn't have the heart to wake up a child who's sleeping soundly. It was already late and he could deal about this matter when he wake up tomorrow. He covered the child's body with a blanket to keep him warm and proceeded to lie down on the couch near him.

The next day, Cale Henituse woke up and was surprised when he found himself sitting on top of a strange bed. He panicked and looked around him, there he found a man sitting on a couch whose back was facing him. Cale immediately got up and it was noticed by the other man in the room who was casually sipping his morning tea.