Chapter thirty: The night of the tragedy

A month and a half passed after Alver's coronation, Cale has been hiding away ever since what happened during the coronation day. He was beyond embarrassed to see the recording of Youna. He wanted to run to the White Star and erase his memories. He even bathe so many times to clean himself, he even threw away and burned the clothes he wore that day so he won't be reminded of his own stupidity. The event was continuously brought up by the dragons and his old butler. His father also joined into teasing him. It only stopped when he cried out of embarrassment.

Now, Cale was currently teaching his little sister, Lily, how to read. From time to time, he would also help his brother, Basen, do his homework and re-explain the things he didn't quite understand. 

Cale was having dinner with his family when Deruth spoke to them.

"Cale, Basen, your mother and I will be going to the Capital two days from now. Look after the territory while we are gone," Deruth said.

Cale couldn't understand what he was feeling but he had a bad feeling about their departure.

"Alright, dad. Leave it to us," Cale smiled.

"Oh, also, can you bring Ron, Vicross and Olienne with you, dad? There's no harm in raising your protection, hm?" Cale suggested.

"But who will look after you while we're gone?" His father asked.

"Leave Hans with me and take them instead," Cale answered.

"Alright, if that will ease your mind," Deruth smiled.

After their dinner, Cale told Ron, Vicross and Olienne they would come with his parents to the Capital. The green dragon was against the idea.

"I only agreed to protect you," he said. Cale sighed. He decided to tell everything to Youna and Olienne anyway.

"I see, come to my room later, grandpa," Cale said and called Youna.

That night, Youna and Olienne were inside Cale's room. They were told that Cale had something important to say. The golden dragon, Eruhaben, took the black egg back to his lair since it was hatching.

"Grandpa, cast an isolation space here in my room so the sound won't leak outside," Cale said and Olienne did so.

"I called you here because I have something important to tell you. You already met me in the past, right grandpa?" Cale started.

"That's right. I first met you when you brought the red and black egg to me," Olienne responded.

"As you have guessed, I am someone from the future. I was told that I ascended to divinity before I started visiting different timelines and space. I witnessed a long, dreaded war that will happen in the future. In my first life, it took us 20 years to defeat the enemy but it cost the lives of the people. No dragons were left spared, and the other races were all killed," Cale explained. The two quietly listened and they believed him, after all he might be a liar yet in serious time he always tells the truth. Plus, Olienne already met him before. He needed explanation as to why he exist this time.

"After the war, I spent my life aimlessly for over a thousand years. I didn't age, in fact I reverted back to my fifteen years old body. Then, that's the start of my space and time travels. Youna, Olienne, and I are the individuals who weren't supposed to exist in this world," Cale continued.

"What do you mean?" Youna asked.

"During my first life, there were no red and green dragons. So I can conclude that you died before I was even born. I, on the other hand, was supposed to be replaced by another soul and I will start living in a new world," Cale answered.