Chapter thirty-two: Cale from a thousand years

A/N: This chapter will be in Cale Henituse's point of view.

* * *

I, once again, fell into the depth of darkness with no one but myself. I continued to drift deeper and deeper into what seemed like a sea of oblivion. Didn't I experience something similar in the past? Was it the time I tried to go back to the starting point? Was it when I got lost in time and space? No, I remembered. It was when I tried to fall asleep and I always found myself sinking into the darkness. I felt like it was eating me, so I became afraid of falling asleep.

After the war ended ten years ago, I made Choi Han fall asleep. I created a cradle-like mulberry tree to keep him safe. He will not die nor starve, he will be sustained by the roots. The God of Life and Creation had told me, I could go back to the past to change my fate. However, wouldn't it be better if Choi Han regressed? After all, he IS stronger than me. That's why I resolved to send him back once the full blooded moon appeared. I will look for ways to make him remember what happened in the future once he comes back.

I made a pledge and wrote my name on the ground: Cale Henituse, so I won't forget. Then, a surge of light gathered around my feet. Letters and characters surrounded me, then a series of images of events flashed before my eyes. I didn't know what it was, but I knew it would help me greatly.

After the history was shown to me, a word was engraved in my soul.

Omnipotence

The word was incredibly unknown to me at first, and it seems that was the name of my gift the God of Life and Creation have spoken about.

"What can I do with this gift?" I asked hoping someone would answer, but who am I kidding? I am the only person left and the other one was asleep.

I sighed and climbed on the tree where the hero was sleeping. I took a peek at the cradle I made. Choi han certainly looked innocent when he's sleeping.

"Hey, I managed to get the gift of my blood. Too bad it was given to me this late, if somehow it manifested when everyone was still alive, I would have helped you even though I hate you," I said to the sleeping Choi Han. I don't know if he could hear me, I just wished he wouldn't.

I jumped down and sat on the roots of the tree. I somehow felt sleepy after getting that gift, but strange enough my fear from falling asleep vanished after I had Omnipotence.

"I have been awake for a long time now, I hadn't caught any sleep ever since the war ended," I said as I stretched my arms and legs and settled on one of the comfortable roots.

My eyes became hazy as I slowly closed my eyes to sleep.

A bright light made me open my eyes, I found myself in the middle of a starry room. When I looked around, I was surrounded by different people with strong divine auras in them.

Divine aura? How come I could sense it? I thought as I sat up.

I was surprised when I saw my hand, it was no longer wrinkly. I looked up to see my reflection since a mirror suddenly appeared before me. I became younger, my height and face were the same when I was fifteen years old.

"What's happening?" I asked, then the God of Life and Creation appeared smiling before me.

"Welcome to the Realm of the Divine, Cale," he greeted. He was still in his usual demeanor, a warm, wise and friendly old man. Then a man in a black robe walked towards me.

"Cale Henituse, I loathe you. Because of your interference, the world you're living in right now will be destroyed. Even its time is destroyed! Even if you try to go back into the past, you won't be able to do it since it doesn't exist anymore!" he said, gritting his teeth.