Chapter eight: The Lout

Cale Henituse stayed in their manor after getting the three Ancient Powers. He was now casually having tea and spending his time with his brother in the library. He just watched him study while he reads, and occasionally helped him with his studies. Basen, on the other hand, enjoys his older brother's presence since he couldn't spend his time with him the past week. Even though he was still timid around Cale, his brother was tolerant and patient around him which made him happy.

After a while, Cale excused himself and went out to relax in the garden.

Ah, I'm itching to go out! Cale internally screamed as he was getting bored staying indoors. He sat under the maple tree planted in the garden, and after a couple of minutes he laid his back on the soft grass. Cale blankly stared at the clouds, unknown to him, the servants were looking at him in worry. He didn't even notice the maids who brought him snacks and refreshments.

"Ah! That looks like a rabbit," Cale pointed and mumbled to himself as he was looking at the rabbit-shaped clouds. The servants near him heard him which earned a quiet giggle from them due to their Young Master's cuteness. But Cale was unaware of this.

"Ooh, this time it's a turtle!" He continued. Cale was entertaining himself as he had nothing else to do. After tiring himself from naming the shapes of the clouds, he started counting them and he fell asleep under the maple tree.

Cale was woken up by children shouting and the servants buzzing. He reluctantly sat up and tried to awaken himself as he adjusted his vision towards the source of the noise. His eyes widened when he saw his cousins, in his father's side, ganging up on Basen. The redhead immediately got up and walked over those bastard cousins of his. When one of the older cousins was about to hit Basen, Cale shielded him, as a result he was the one who got hit instead. The redhead knew he have the shield, but he decided not to use it. His nose bleeds and he glared towards his cousins.

"What the hell are you doing here?" asked the enraged Cale while wiping his nose.

"Why are you shielding that peasant?! He clearly doesn't belong here and I'm teaching him lesson since he don't know his place," one of the cousins replied, mocking the young Basen.

Cale doesn't want to give in he was already an adult inside. But these stupid fools won't stop unless he made it clear. No one's allowed to touch any of my family.

"You are the one who doesn't know his place," Cale hissed. The cousins got mad at his remark.

"Bastard!" one of the cousins launched an attack towards him and was followed by his other cousins.

Cale defended himself while beating them up, but since they were many, he still got hit in some parts of his body. Basen, who was watching what was happening, cried and his legs gave out. One of the bastards took ahold of him while others tried to harm him, Cale, on the other hand, kicked the attacker on his stomach which made the latter stumble. The redhead also put his weight on his feet and launched a rocket like headbutt on the chin of the person holding him. The cousins, who were now on the floor holding their battered part, cried. The servants who were watching this scene, immediately called out for the Count and Knights. Cale, who was standing strong and looking down on these parasites, spoke.

"You are not allowed to speak ill of my little brother. Dare to make vile comments regarding him, I will definitely make you suffer for the rest of your lives." The cousins trembled at the sight of the redhead, whose holding much authority compared to those adults they knew.

Cale turned to his brother and crouched down, wiping the crying mess his little Basen made.

"Are you alright?" Cale asked.